2 Disney itineraries

Trying to decide between two 5 day itineraries on different ships. 

Disney Dream going to Castaway Cay, Lookout Point, Nassau departing from Ft. Lauderdale and Disney Dream going to Progresso Mexico and Cozumel departing from Galveston.

Any thoughts on differences in ships and ports would be appreciated. 

Are they both on the Dream?  Or is one a different ship?  

At any rate, I'd decide based on a few criteria:

How easy is it to get to the port?  

How much will it cost you to get to the port?

What is the price difference between the two itineraries?

Have you been to those ports before? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vaschroeder said:

Thank you. Yes I made a mistake. Second one out of Galveston is on Magic. Any comparisons of those 2 ships?

I prefer the Magic.  Mostly because she was our first ship.  And she's smaller, having less passengers is always a plus in my books.

• Like 2

Are you sure that 5-day itinerary is to Castaway Cay, Lookout Point and Nassau? The 5 day cruises I've seen in 2026 are either to Lookout Cay and Nassau or Lookout Cay and Castaway Cay. I'd choose anything over Nassau any day. When we've been on cruises that have a stop at Nassau, we end up staying on the ship.

• Like 1

Agree, almost anything that avoids Nassau. I don’t really care because I’ll just stay on the ship. But if you’re going for port stops, that’s not an exciting one. 

Everyone has their preferences of ships. I like the smaller ones better myself with the Dream being my least favorite. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nassau is the worst. The people are rude and pushy and honestly a bit scary the way they try and bully you into their cars for "tours". If you go, I highly recommend not leaving the ship on your own and only going on a tour booked by Disney as they will take you to and from the excursion (if you've kids, we loved Blackbeard's Pirate Ship cruise). 

We loved Cozumel when we went though watch the port time. Some cruises have only about 6 hours there and depending on where you dock, you might have to take a boat to get to the main areas and that sucks about an hour each way from your time.  

• Like 1