Great Stir-up Cay

Keith B.

We have only been to the private island once and that was many moons ago.  The island has greatly expanded and I have gotten a lot older.  My question regards mobility assistance availability to Siver Cove. It is highly unlikely I will be able to walk there.  On other islands we there have been trams and folks on bikes moving people either free or for a fee.  Are there any such accommodations for the mobility impaired i.e. me?  How's that for a politically correct phrasing? I don't want to spend $1000 and find out I can't get there.   Thanks for any help.

52 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I am confused on GSC. Do the drink packages work, or do you treat it like being in any other location when off shore ( you pay for everything).  Never been there before.  Not going to be renting clamshells, or villas.

Yes, it works on GSC.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Keith B. said:

We have only been to the private island once and that was many moons ago.  The island has greatly expanded and I have gotten a lot older.  My question regards mobility assistance availability to Siver Cove. It is highly unlikely I will be able to walk there.  On other islands we there have been trams and folks on bikes moving people either free or for a fee.  Are there any such accommodations for the mobility impaired i.e. me?  How's that for a politically correct phrasing? I don't want to spend $1000 and find out I can't get there.   Thanks for any help.

If you have a villa at Silver Cove there is a tram to take you to Silver Cove and a smaller tram to take you directly to your villa and to the buffet later. 

3 hours ago, poohbare19 said:

If you have a villa at Silver Cove there is a tram to take you to Silver Cove and a smaller tram to take you directly to your villa and to the buffet later. 

This is exactly how we got to our silver cove cabana in February.   

From the ship, this is an example of the ramp to the tender. Ships vary. On this ship, you walk from the ship's elevator lobby onto the tender. 

image.png.cff20f609dd3b002c977aad3e5294e06.png

The crew can help you down the 1 flight of steep stairs from the boarding level to the disembarkation level 

image.png.9abf9943797e8fc8d161ee2147fb05c3.png

There are newer, larger tenders where the upper deck is covered. 

image.png.813567479edd39909659d435b146e1e4.png

On 6/26/2024 at 5:46 PM, www3traveler said:

My first question would be-- are you going to have issue getting into a tender boat??  Very steep metal staircase down the side of a ship to board a tender boat.  I have very minor mobility issues and I choose not to tender and stay on the ship.  

No problem with getting to the island. I should have been more specific regarding my limitations. My mobility issues are O2 related.  I use concentrator if necessary but walking that distance would be tough on this old geezer.

On 6/27/2024 at 7:40 PM, WillCruiseForMoney said:

@Keith B. As long as you can get on and off the tendor at the ship you will be fine.  Easy walk off the tendor to the dock and there are golf carts to take you to/from Silver Cove and your Villa

@9tee2Sea The drink package works the same as on the ship when on GSC.

Thanks, Silver Cove here we come.

On 6/26/2024 at 4:46 PM, www3traveler said:

My first question would be-- are you going to have issue getting into a tender boat??  Very steep metal staircase down the side of a ship to board a tender boat.  I have very minor mobility issues and I choose not to tender and stay on the ship.  

Depends on the ship. Some have direct access to tenders across a gangway, like Breakaway Class. I have minor mobility issues too, but I had no problem at all on Getaway.