Question for Diabetics or People Testing INR on Board.

Jj343434jj

I have to take Warfarin and test my blood weekly. I'm curious if anyone has had a problem bringing safety lancets on board or if there is any limit to how many you can bring. I was going to bring extra so I could test my INR daily just to be safe since I will be drinking. 

I'm fat, ergo I'm diabetic. I have no clue what INR is, but if you're talking about the little tiny stabby things you prickly your finger with, you'll have no issue. 

To attempt to control my type 2 (totally my fault diabetes) I am prescribed Trulicity which is basically the size of an Epi Pen. I bring it onboard and just store it in the mini fridge which is not a medical fridge, nor does it keep it as cold as a home fridge. 

I've never filled out any paperwork, though I think my husband told our Personal Cruise Consultant as our reservation always lists sharps container. I believe every room has a sharps container anyway. 

So, I haven't had any issue with either puncture my skin needle (lancet or actual needle). 

Have a great cruise and hopefully you control your sugar unlike this fat hippo of a man that I am! I do need to work on that as I'd like to see 80. Yall, no advice on health is needed. It's not hard to control your sugar. Well, it's hard, but a simpleton could do it with willpower. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jj343434jj said:

I have to take Warfarin and test my blood weekly. I'm curious if anyone has had a problem bringing safety lancets on board or if there is any limit to how many you can bring. I was going to bring extra so I could test my INR daily just to be safe since I will be drinking. 

No problem with any medical sharps. On longer cruises, I just throw a box of lancet and a box of syringes in my bag. 

9 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm fat, ergo I'm diabetic. I have no clue what INR is, but if you're talking about the little tiny stabby things you prickly your finger with, you'll have no issue. 

To attempt to control my type 2 (totally my fault diabetes) I am prescribed Trulicity which is basically the size of an Epi Pen. I bring it onboard and just store it in the mini fridge which is not a medical fridge, nor does it keep it as cold as a home fridge. 

I've never filled out any paperwork, though I think my husband told our Personal Cruise Consultant as our reservation always lists sharps container. I believe every room has a sharps container anyway. 

So, I haven't had any issue with either puncture my skin needle (lancet or actual needle). 

Have a great cruise and hopefully you control your sugar unlike this fat hippo of a man that I am! I do need to work on that as I'd like to see 80. Yall, no advice on health is needed. It's not hard to control your sugar. Well, it's hard, but a simpleton could do it with willpower. 

It’s a lot harder on a cruise. At home we have a lot of foods that are simply not available on a ship (good rice, lentil or chickpea pasta, etc). Plus the booze, desserts, and a hundred other things tempting you at every turn.

Take care of yourself and good luck. I’ve seen what this disease can do, as I very nearly lost my wife to it.