The Thursday funnies

I saw the cartoon above and had to share.  

I'm down 2 pounds this week.  Dad's starting to stop up again so I went on a creamed soup cooking binge.  It's interesting.  When I do my heaviest cooking, I don't eat much food at all. 

Because I am trying to put some good nutrition into him so that he can keep up his strength (he attempted to put an entire meal in the blender....that's one way to do it, but not the most appetizing), I have also been making smoothie cups for him and freezing them so that he can pop one in the blender with a little juice, or milk.  I am using spinach, kale, avocados, fruits, yogurt, coconut milk, spices, and a heavy scoop of whey protein powder.  Then I line muffin tins with aluminum foil and fill each cup and freeze them.  Then I remove the foil and wrap each one in saran wrap.  I made beef and barley soup (totally pureed), creamed asparagus soup and today I going to make a creamed vegetable soup.  I told my mom that these things can live in their freezer, where the ice cream used to live!  HAH!

Anyway, Izena I am glad that you have picked up the baton and are ready to run with it.  I think your kick off plan is solid and I will be rooting for you.  I understand about the heat not incentivizing you to get out and walk.  We finally got enveloped into the heat dome after eluding it for the first week.  I haven't been able to use the pool because I'm wearing a heart monitor.  I think it comes off today though.  Woo-hoo.  YouTube has some very good gentle pilates videos that you might want to take a look at.  I started with some of those late last year and found that they were really good at loosening me up after many years of a sedentary lifestyle.  

Hopeful thanks for starting this week.  

must be hard on your dad having to change eating habits and food consistency. Then hard on you mom.  Bless you for all you do for them.

hope your monitor results are normal or an easy fix.

i doing okay on eating plan. Still doing the glucerna esp in am (maintains regularity). I’ve done some snacking on the food still in the house.  Might have to start curbside pickup for food products (I can’t stay out of the candy cookie isle) have ordered an elliptical to burn calories and increase activity..  hopefully I’ll hit 50lb goal by new years. 

Posted (edited)

I went to bed last night remembering that today was Thursday and I was going to weigh myself first thing .... crazy morning, forgot to weigh!!!  I will try for tomorrow!  Jan

Hopeful - nice that you lost weight.

Izena - glad you are doing ok on your eating plan!

Hope that everything is ok with Belle!

Edited by Jan_In_Maine