Effectors II on Wonder Cancelled?

Someone from the FB group for my July 14th sailing said their reservations were cancelled. Someone else said they called Royal & was told it has been cancelled.

I know not to trust random internet posters or RC phone reps but it has also disappeared from the app for every Wonder sailing from the current one through mine.

We’ve seen it twice & don’t even like it so I don’t personally mind, I’m just curious what the deal is. Anyone onboard or have any info?

Posted (edited)

It looks like both Effectors II and Voices are canceled. There are no original shows in the Royal Theater on Royal’s second newest ship? That’s completely unacceptable. They may be weaker shows but they shouldn’t be removed until there are replacements. 

Edited by pyrateslife4me84
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, drool6 said:

For my Aug 25th sailing, looks like both shows are still there and "Reserved".

I can still see them in my website cruise planner and could reserve them if I wanted. They're missing from the app, however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I can still see them in my website cruise planner and could reserve them if I wanted. They're missing from the app, however.

Way too soon to see anything for our September cruise on Wonder. We’re still 73 😱 days out. Barry and I are much more show fans than you seem to be, Mike. I mean, we’re even fans of CATS so far more interested in the shows than you but I’m hoping you’ll report on what shows will be offered on your cruise in July. 🙏

I’m really hoping that entertainment on Royal ships doesn’t go downhill as fast as I’m afraid it might. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Same for me. Can see them in my planner and can book them for July 7th sailing. 

1 hour ago, nettexmel said:

Same for me. Can see them in my planner and can book them for July 7th sailing. 

I'll be watching the app but obviously please let us know what happens on board.

6 hours ago, perfect match said:

I’m hoping you’ll report on what shows will be offered on your cruise in July.

Will do and hopefully the poster above shares their July 7th experience.

The whole thing is just strange.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have it available to book (website) on our Wonder sailing in August .....not that I am booking it.
One and done for me.  😁

Edited by Arzeena

24 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

When you say, "cancelled" do you think they mean CANCELLED cancelled or just cancelled for one (or 2) cruises ?

Your guess is as good as mine. It seems to have disappeared from more than 1-2 cruises. That's why I asked. Was hoping someone onboard would see this and have some info from the ship.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Your guess is as good as mine. It seems to have disappeared from more than 1-2 cruises. That's why I asked. Was hoping someone onboard would see this and have some info from the ship.

😯😵

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

While both Effectors and Voices aren’t listed on the current cruise in the app, cruisers on board report seeing both, including Effectors II last night. So it’s just an app issue. 

Thanks for the information. I have 2 Wonder bookings for later in the year. I would like to see the shows at least once.

Booked on WOTS, August 4th. 
Last week(ish) reservations opened and we booked Effectors & Voices. 

As of today, they are no longer showing on our calendar and they are missing from the Cruise Planner. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Texted with an entertainer friend on board Wonder last evening, no word about the issue internally and they are mystified by the news. It appears to be an App problem at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/30/2024 at 2:47 AM, sergeant655 said:

Only show on Wonder that was removed was tap factory it was removed early this year.

I saw Tap Factory on Odyssey right after sailing restarted.  It is 1000% time better than Effectors.  My opinion obviously.  I will not go see Effectors again.  But the concerns here if entertainment is being cut.  None of us want that to happen.