[Live!] Discovery Princess to Alaska (6/29-7/6/24)

KarmaCruisers

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You will look quite dapper.  This is the first day of your new life.  It will only get better.

Dunno if you quoted the right post; but I assume that was aimed at me.

Thanks..yeah and it’s weird..at work..women whom I’ve worked with for YEARS; recently have been complimenting me out of the blue (like “your hair looks good”, or “I like your new slack picture”) so I asked my inner circle at work if they’ve told anyone that I’m a “new man”, and they said NO..so I honestly must just have a different aire about me now.

Anyway..got the dishes done and the trash bagged up and ready to go out tomorrow. Finished packing (the new binoculars, and dress socks)

now it’s time to get some good REM sleep (I WAS getting good REM sleep lately but since Monday when i found out the ex had went to a lawyer, it’s been like dooodoo all week)

Got a 5am wake up call; flight boards at 9:05, so I wanna be walking in the airport at 7:30 to get my bag checked.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

I’m only probably going to use it on glacier bay day. Those icy winds are cooold!

I do recall being quite bundled up on the balcony that day--layers were my friend!

Happy travels--living vicariously thru you!

Edited by KKB

On 6/27/2024 at 8:26 PM, KarmaCruisers said:

I’m taking the couch, since it’s just me and not two people. It’s a “hide-a-bed” style so I think it’ll be ok.

The room, couch set-up, is pretty good for a single.  With the bathroom having two doors, to each sleeping space, it's decent set-up.

Oh, definitely order the snacks they offer on the room ordering-card.  Order mulitple of what you especially like (and will eat).  I went all-in on their sushi, which was pretty decent.

Have an amazing cruise.

16 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Oh, definitely order the snacks they offer on the room ordering-card.  Order mulitple of what you especially like (and will eat).  I went all-in on their sushi, which was pretty decent.

Have an amazing cruise.

What is this snacks you speak of??

9 minutes ago, JGmf said:

In your suite you should get a canape list of things you can choose for them to deliver to your cabin.  This is in addition to the breakfast/room service card.  Just choose from that list!

Ohhhh I think I know what you’re talking about 

I never saw sushi on their though!?

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

In your suite you should get a canape list of things you can choose for them to deliver to your cabin.  This is in addition to the breakfast/room service card.  Just choose from that list!

Those canapés have gone way downhill in my opinion and it is very hard to get them delivered when you want them

• Like 1

Cousins called me and told me they landed. 
I totally forgot about luggage; because they were going downtown to check Seattle out..but they didn’t wanna tote around two rollers.

So they got the princess airport shuttle and their luggage went on to the ship and they’re walking around the port area.

Edited by KarmaCruisers
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Let the fun begin.  Take a deep breath.  Meet up with your cousins.  You might not make it to embarkation lunch (ends at 1:30), but you won't go hungry.

Ohh I know I won’t, but luckily the Royal class has a kickass buffet.

Successfully got my checked bag, dropped it at the princess shuttle location; Now Im waiting for the actual shuttle bus.

Itll be funny becuause my last run on Disvovery out of San Pedro they almost wanted to confiscate my little fan (they thought it was a Nuke)…but it’s sailed on every Cruise with me (including many other princess without an issue; Always an issue out of San Pedro) so we’ll see if my suitcase goes to luggage prison and I have to go plead my case That my fan ISNT a nuke and I need it to sleep (it’s either a fan or wear a CPAP)

• Like 1