B2B turn around day

Looking at a B2B out of N.O. in Nov. I would like to get off the ship on turn around day, tour theWW2 Museum (am a vet) and run back to the ship. Can anyone shed info. on how all this works on NCL. Before anyone tells me to ask NCL, Tried that and they stumbled around and I knew they had even less idea than I have and I have none. Specifically is there some way to skip the disembarkation process since in transit and skip the embarkation hassle since in transit. Hope this makes sense to someone more savvy than Joe. Thanks in advance.

You should be given an intransit card. You will need to go through immigration, but should be able to get off anytime. When you return, show the intransit card, go through security and reboard the ship.

Just treat the day like a regular port day except you will be given a TRANSIT label to stick on your shirt/coat. You will have to go through customs/immigration like the other passengers but coming back you will be waved on through in a different lane to board again without waiting, if embarkation hasnt started.  It does depend on the port though for the rules. Some will be looking for the label to be attached to your chest, others dont care if you just hold it in your hand to show it to the terminal staff.

Yeah, different depending on port and staff.  Some places they give you a meeting place and they walk you off and back on as a group so immigration isn't confused and to make sure you have your ship ID updated or done again as needed.  But you should remind your steward and are free to get off and return with your transit card, which will certainly confuse everyone as to why you have no luggage LOL.  Be aware that New Orleans gets really congested if you didn't know. Get off early especially if there are 2 ships there. You can walk across Julia St. rather than get a cab. It is within walking distance.