Have we made a mistake?! 😱

croooze

16 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

If there were "college age students" on a 7 Night Mexican Cruise out of San Pedro, I am willing to bet they were traveling with their parents, not on their own. Spring Breakers in So Cal go to "the river", Lake Powell or Mexico.

Nope, most were in groups of students. A lot of 4 person inside rooms were at capacity filled with college age. That said not any more boisterous than other Mexican cruises we have been on.

3 hours ago, BamaVol said:

That rivals our NCL Epic Mediterranean cruise with 2,000 Chinese cosmetic saleswomen. 

I need to find a website that warns of large cruising groups. 

With us it wasn’t so much the size of the group but the behavior was too much to handle. Please let me know if you find that website. 

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

With us it wasn’t so much the size of the group but the behavior was too much to handle. Please let me know if you find that website. 

Oh, there was a behavior issue. Major clash of cultures.  

That website might be the holy grail. Maybe I imagined reading about it here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRLD said:

Nope, most were in groups of students. A lot of 4 person inside rooms were at capacity filled with college age. That said not any more boisterous than other Mexican cruises we have been on.

Enh, I've been on at least 20, maybe more, Princess Mexico cruises out of San Pedro and never ever seen groups of college age kids (18-21) on any of the cruises. I don't doubt your experience, but I've never seen nor heard of such a thing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Ever been trapped in a hotel during the Sweet Adelines National Convention? I was ready for some boisterous drunks after hearing 2,000 renditions of In The Good Old Summertime in 4 part harmony over three days 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Enh, I've been on at least 20, maybe more, Princess Mexico cruises out of San Pedro and never ever seen groups of college age kids (18-21) on any of the cruises. I don't doubt your experience, but I've never seen nor heard of such a thing.

Go during when the colleges were on break.  They were mostly students from colleges withing 25 miles of San Pedro.  As they put it, is was the cheapest way to get to the Mexican ports/beaches. 

While we have only done about 10 Mexican cruises, along with a number of others out of San Pedro it is the only one we booked when both University of Cal Irvine, and CSU Dominguez Hills were on spring break. Of the ones I talked with most were from one of those two.

On 6/29/2024 at 4:35 AM, croooze said:

We have booked the 7 night discovery princess cruise from 12th April - 19th April 2025. We are having a family reunion and have children with us ranging from 5 to 19yrs. We booked as price was very reasonable and it’s only occurred to us now (as we are from Australia) that it may be a “spring break booze cruise”?! How can we tell what the crowd is going to be like and if it’s appropriate with younger kids?!

Highly unlikely.

Most college spring breaks in US are in March & TX/Gulf Coast/FL/MX are much more popular Spring Break destination.

You MAY get some children/teens onboard as some districts have spring break in April (I know NYC & LAX do for instance).

Also, as said, you would be more likely to experience this on Carnival RCCL or NCL.

(tho we did 5 day spring break on Celebrity a few years ago--75% college students, so ya never know!)

Edited by KKB