Reserve dining with the highest category mini-suite

On 7/3/2024 at 2:10 PM, Kay S said:

I found Reserve class dining to have the best service I ever got on a Princess ship.  People with Reserve are the only ones not currently having major issues with the new reservations system.

Just returned from the Royal Princess (sail dates 7/20/24 to 7/27/24) with Reserve Class Dining as a perk. Really enjoyed the no hassle seating and stellar service. We had the same wait staff each time we dined (Concerto mid ship deck 6) and they do go above and beyond to make you feel special. Shout out to both Edison and Michael! 

On 7/29/2024 at 1:59 PM, Colorado Coasty said:

We have only been in Club/Reserve Class dining since its inception and have had to share only once.

In fact, you can have the opposite problem in Club/Reserve Class. Unlike the MDR, there may not be a sharing table available if you want one. Since there are only a small number of passengers there, a sharing table would be available only if there was someone else eating at the same time who wanted to share.

I have a somewhat different point of view, since we always look for "value" when we book any cruise, be it with Princess, HAL, or an ultra luxury line.  Value is about what you get for your money, which is not the same as just looking fo rthe lowest cost.  We are currently looking at a future 14 day Enchanted cruise.  The price difference between a Category MF mini suite and a M6 Reserve Mini suite is $1984 (for two persons) or just over $140 per day.  So what would we get for that extra $140 a day.  A more central location for our suite (we could care less about location) and some dining benefits.  When looking at the dining benefits, DW and I seldom eat breakfast in a dining room (we usually just relax at the IC with a donut or pastry) so the "special" breakfast for Reserve's is of little use.  As to dinner, on that ship it means we would be in a small section of one of the MDRs, with the same menu as everyone else with the exception of 1 additional entree.  Assuming we would even want that extra entree, I have to wonder if could justify paying $140 a day for that privilege.  The other dining advantage of having a dedicated queue to get into dinner is not very important to us since we usually go to dinner after 7:30 when the queue for the regular MDRs is often shorter than what we have seen for Reserve :).

While we do appreciate some of the Reserve benefits, for us the extra cost (over a lower category Mini) is not a good value, especially on the Grand and Royal Class ships.  I do like the Reserve concept, but unless the meals are in a dedicated restaurant with an upgraded menu (not just the addition of an item) we are unlikely to book the Reserve Minis.  We do have some family members who really love the Reserve minis, so are aware that many will disagree.

Hank

• Like 1

Plus, if I am not mistaken, the four M6 Reserve mini-suites aren't even centrally located - they are on decks 15/16 and are at the very front corners of the ship.... a long walk to anywhere!