Newbie question about MDR menus.

41 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Being of Dutch decent, there is rarely a meal I eat that does not include the gloriousness that is cheese. Therefore, I have no common frame of reference from which to answer your question.

Eerlijk genoeg maatje  🧀👍🏼

19 hours ago, Nurse Carol said:

Here are menus that I saw on Prof. Cruise website that have only 7 appetizers instead of 11 and more limited dessert choices. Are the ones on Cruise Gear more recent? Anyone whose been on a cruise in the last month able to respond to my question?

https://profcruise.com/ncl-encore-menus-2024/#dinner

The one day I looked at, the menu you linked matches the more limited menu that I found which I believe is the menu updated in June.

10 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

Cheese is great if you enjoy increasing your chances of getting cardiovascular disease. 👍🏼🧀

Cheese is the least of my concerns in that regard. Now, let's talk American bacon!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

Cheese is the least of my concerns in that regard. Now, let's talk American bacon!

Fair point, well made 😂. I am rather partial to that crispy stuff the yanks call bacon though 🐷😂👍🏼

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 10:30 PM, ChrysFox said:

And yet another newbie question:
Do all sailings start on day one of the menus, or is it up to the ship to decide ?

Not necessarily.  Dinner menus are posted each day in the morning.  That's how we determine if we're eating in the MDR, the buffet or somewhere else.  Of course, we've already made our specialty reservations and will stick with those.

There are actually many days of menus.

Edited by GORDONCHICK
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Not necessarily.  Dinner menus are posted each day in the morning.  That's how we determine if we're eating in the MDR, the buffet or somewhere else.  Of course, we've already made our specialty reservations and will stick with those.

There are actually many days of menus.

There are 21 days of menus and these are set by corporate. The executive chef, the F and B Manager and the GM work together 4 months in advance to select which menus will be used and in which order. They are always working 16 weeks in advance.

The lunch menus are posted in the morning. The dinner menus are posted after lunch when the lunch menus have been taken down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2024 at 12:38 AM, GORDONCHICK said:

Not necessarily.  Dinner menus are posted each day in the morning.  That's how we determine if we're eating in the MDR, the buffet or somewhere else. 

Thanks, peoples.  Hopefully this means I might have a chance of seeing a Day 5 menu on a 4 day cruise.  😃

On 7/6/2024 at 6:03 PM, Manchester is blue said:

Fair point, well made 😂. I am rather partial to that crispy stuff the yanks call bacon though 🐷😂👍🏼

Unfortunately, NCL has discontinued British bacon and only serves streaky bacon now. About 800 pounds of bacon is served every day on the each ship. That’s a lot of pigs.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Unfortunately, NCL has discontinued British bacon and only serves streaky bacon now. About 800 pounds of bacon is served every day on the each ship. That’s a lot of pigs.  

😂😂. I think I actually prefer the very crispy burnt American style if I’m being honest. However if eaten on a butty, with, say Brown sauce, then yes, has to be British, rubbery version.  You’ll get a heart attack if over indulging with either….🇺🇸🇬🇧🐷👍🏼😂

Edited by Manchester is blue

3 hours ago, Manchester is blue said:

😂😂. I think I actually prefer the very crispy burnt American style if I’m being honest. However if eaten on a butty, with, say Brown sauce, then yes, has to be British, rubbery version.  You’ll get a heart attack if over indulging with either….🇺🇸🇬🇧🐷👍🏼😂

That heart attack is going to taste really good though! Mmmm bacon! 

• Like 2