Early booking bonus for Elites to "Loyalty Week" - Any changes planned?

Hello all!

It seems the previous one day early access to new itineraries for Elite status has been lumped in with the "Loyalty week" perk for all past passengers (now shown on the updated Captain's Circle brochure found officially here).  Does anyone know or have heard if PCL will be making further changes to this perk?  I would have liked to have seen staggered access to differentiate between the loyalty levels i.e. Elite status gets you access beginning on the first day, then it opens up to Platinum guests on the second day, etc.  

Extending early access to one week is a nice change, but opening it up to all loyalty levels immediately seems to dilute the perk for the Elite status.

Elite perks have been diminishing since post covid.  Yes, it was nice to have a day's notice to book new cruises.  All gone now.  It "should not have happened" since past passengers all had the opportunity for "special" pricing.  I can see that some day in the future, there will be much fewer perks for Elite members.

• Like 2

One more reason why we look at other cruise lines before we check to see what Princess has to offer.  Loyalty no longer seems to mean anything to Princess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

They did it now, because I just FINALLY got to Elite!

😄

I know how you feel! We got to Elite a couple of years ago, and it's been diminishing in value ever since. I hate losing that Elite early booking day. That really came through for us on the total eclipse sailing on the Discovery. Dang. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

One more reason why we look at other cruise lines before we check to see what Princess has to offer.  Loyalty no longer seems to mean anything to Princess.

They're more interested in attracting new cruisers & boasting about how great it is to be elite rather than keeping their existing dedicated cruisers. 

• Like 2

Have been cruising with Princess for over 30 years. No longer feel special. Today loyalty is bought not earned. We still cruise Princess but it has truly lost its lustre. It is all about the packages and trying to convince us that we need these extras when we really do not. Used to be the Elite before dinner nightly cocktail was a highlight. That was when cocktails were 4.00 not 8.25 and when there was a large mountain of shrimp on cocktail menu each afternoon. Those days are gone. Shrimp three times i 14 days. Still choose Princess because we find them cheaper plus I always buy the future cruise deposits of 100 in multiples each time I cruise sdo they are handy to reserve a cruise if something catches my eye. We only book fully refundable and with rccl and celebrity, we hate that the refundable price deposit is a whopping 560 cdn for two when we book. So I stay with the devil I know. But loyalty to customers eroding by the year. Sad.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Have been cruising with Princess for over 30 years. No longer feel special. Today loyalty is bought not earned. We still cruise Princess but it has truly lost its lustre. It is all about the packages and trying to convince us that we need these extras when we really do not. Used to be the Elite before dinner nightly cocktail was a highlight. That was when cocktails were 4.00 not 8.25 and when there was a large mountain of shrimp on cocktail menu each afternoon. Those days are gone. Shrimp three times i 14 days. Still choose Princess because we find them cheaper plus I always buy the future cruise deposits of 100 in multiples each time I cruise sdo they are handy to reserve a cruise if something catches my eye. We only book fully refundable and with rccl and celebrity, we hate that the refundable price deposit is a whopping 560 cdn for two when we book. So I stay with the devil I know. But loyalty to customers eroding by the year. Sad.

Amen