Aboard Seabourn Sojourn, June 29, 2024, from Lisbon to Dover, a running commentary

Hello from the Seabourn Sojourn, and more specifically today, from Bordeaux, France.  My wife and I joined this beautiful ship on June 29 in Lisbon.  We are making our way up the western coast of Spain, into France, then onto the UK, with a brief stop in Belgium for a visit to Bruges or Ghent.  We end up in Dover, where we will depart the ship and head home with a flight from Heathrow in the afternoon of July 13, 2024.

I am posting and will continue to post about our trip, with the occasional commentary and photos of the ship. If you are interested in either this itinerary with this ship, you may want to follow along. My blog is heavy with photos with minimal commentary. I post more or less daily, depending on what we’re doing and the time I have available. Ultimately, the entire trip will be posted at my blog.

If you are interested, you can follow along at http://www.travelswithcappy.com.  Let me know what you think. Positive and/or constructive comments are always welcome.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just had a Quick Look around your blog….absolutely stunning. Such amazing photos and descriptions of so many wonderful places. I will be back for many more visits.

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments.  I am currently working on our visit to the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and will have it up soon.  If you like the blog you may want to consider following it.  I post from all of our trips.  Our next big trip is to the Italian Lakes in June 2025 and who knows where we will go in the interim.

Here is the link:  http://www.travelswithcappy.com

• Like 1

Very nice, enjoying your pictures and commentary. 
I also enjoyed your pictures of Avignon and Arles; we just returned home last week from southern France including both of these wonderful cities. 

I am using an iPhone 14 Pro.  I have used a Sony 6300 in the past with interchangeable lenses but wanted to travel light, hence the iPhone.  I do have some additional lenses designed for the iPhone that work with the camera but for the most part, its just the iPhone and me.  For photos I may want to print I use the main camera/lens in RAW at 48 megapixel for high definition.  Hope this answers your question, its probably more than you were looking for. 

Thanks; it’s nice to know you are enjoying them.  Our trip is rapidly coming to an end but I still have a few more ports to post, beginning with Saint Malo (which I am working on).

• Like 1

Always enjoy your photos even more so now that we are temporarily, ( I hope) sitting at home. Please say hello to your significant other from her biggest fans, Rich and Peg. Safe travels.

On 7/8/2024 at 4:07 AM, BikeTreker said:

I am using an iPhone 14 Pro.  I have used a Sony 6300 in the past with interchangeable lenses but wanted to travel light, hence the iPhone.  I do have some additional lenses designed for the iPhone that work with the camera but for the most part, its just the iPhone and me.  For photos I may want to print I use the main camera/lens in RAW at 48 megapixel for high definition.  Hope this answers your question, its probably more than you were looking for. 

Wonderful pictures.  Amazing what the iPhones can do.  Thank you.

Linda

It was nice to hear from those of you who have been following us along on our trip, especially from Fred321.  We were in Saint-Malo on Monday, July 8th.  It is a beautiful little town and well worth  a visit.  You can find my post at:

http://www.travelswithcappy.com

Let me know what you think and enjoy.

• Like 1