Hoping for any information on my cabin

Hi all I recently upgraded my room from an Ocean view to a veranda. My family all knew I was going to do that since I just love sitting on my veranda when I cruise having breakfast or cocktails in the evening. I wanted to try an ocean view but in the end I just couldn’t do it lol. Just curious if anyone has information or videos of Suite 5121 on holland America Eurodam. We’re traveling this January for a 11 day Caribbean cruise and I can’t wait. I really love cruising and I really do love Holland America or celebrity.

Thanks

Alice

halfacts.com has photos of many similar verandah staterooms, but none specifically of 5121. Since Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are identical, you can select from either ship. Take note of when the photos were posted - decor may have changed.

• Like 1

Though this video is for Stateroom 5117 that's only 2 cabins down the hall from 5121 (same side), and it might help you imagine at least a little (looks mighty nice to me!). Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just note that deck 5 verandahs on Signature and Vista class ships are the "shallowest" midship verandahs compared to all other decks.  The width is the same, but the depth is less.  You can see in the photo below from the Noordam which is very similar below deck 10.  Deck 5 is the deck just above the lifeboats/tenders.  For some, this is great as its very protected from wind and rain, for others, a lower category fore or aft may be better, or a verandah on deck 8.

image.thumb.png.b717a071c363490b5cc80cc49545af74.png

Edited by cruisingrob21
  • Like 1

What that means is you have no lounger, just two chairs and a table. It also will be pretty narrow. You have enough room to prop your feet on the other chair, which I often do. Its fine, but may not be as big as you expected. 

Posted (edited)

This one is directly on other side of ship but same stateroom.  As mentioned in post #7, you see how shallow the deck is?  You have a chair and the foot lounger which they tuck under the chair, but if you angle them sideways a bit, you can use the foot lounger.  And yes, 5121 like 5126 is a connecting room, but I don't know if that would bother me.  I've had them many times before. https://halfacts.com/signature-class/5126-eurodam/

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Like 1