Cruise itinerary’s - Longer/special

Hello

We feel that Celebrity is making new itineraries the usual route. 
We really want those special sailing on 10-20 days and it’s getting harder and harder to get a good one. 

We can see AZ, NCL offering routes we really would love to see on X. 
Think Asia, Africa, Northern Europe, Norway, Iceland, Greenland. 

We are from Norway and we find it very sad that you primarily focus on the 7-days sailings to the fjords. 
But the really good sailings are those sailing all the way up to North Cape. 
The scenery is completely different from the fjords. 

If you make a 14/16n ultimate Norwegian cruise, I would have sailed in my own country. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

We have had many wonderful cruises with Celebrity to the Western / Eastern Med.

Our last cruise on EDGE was incredible and we would love to sail on an EDGE class ship from Southampton.

We know that APEX will be based there but the choice re destinations seems very limited (mainly Norway) with very few cruises

sailing to Spain, Portugal or the Canary Islands - or even the Med.

Is there any chance that in the future an EDGE class ship from Southampton can have more creative itineraries please.

• Like 1

Why has the Bermuda cruising season been cut to just a few cruises out of Cape Liberty when it used to be from May-Sept? Many northeast cruisers don’t have too many options anymore! 
Any consideration to porting a ship here for winter cruising to the Caribbean? I know so many people who would jump at the chance to not have to fly to Fla every winter to enjoy a cruise. Silhouette did it once and it was a great option! 
It’s a shame that up north there are barely any choices for those of us who love Celebrity. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Hello Ms Bethge,

Currently Celebrity only offers one-way trips to/from Hawaii between Vancouver and Honolulu.  Celebrity used to offer round trip itineraries between Los Angeles and Hawaii (via Ensenada).  Why has this itinerary been deleted for several years now?  In my opinion, there is a big market for this kind of cruise in the Southwest US.  Those of us who enjoy this itinerary are being forced to SOB (Some Other Boat).  Even ONE itinerary by Celebrity, per year, for this round trip would most assuredly be a sell out!

Thank you

Celebrity Elite

• Like 5

Any future plans of adding a French riviera cruise to include a two day stay in Monaco with tickets to qualifying and the race like windstar. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2024 at 1:03 PM, Norwaylady said:

Hello

We feel that Celebrity is making new itineraries the usual route. 
We really want those special sailing on 10-20 days and it’s getting harder and harder to get a good one. 

We can see AZ, NCL offering routes we really would love to see on X. 
Think Asia, Africa, Northern Europe, Norway, Iceland, Greenland. 

We are from Norway and we find it very sad that you primarily focus on the 7-days sailings to the fjords. 
But the really good sailings are those sailing all the way up to North Cape. 
The scenery is completely different from the fjords. 

If you make a 14/16n ultimate Norwegian cruise, I would have sailed in my own country. 

We are constantly evaluating our itineraries and strive to provide a variety of options for our guests to make sure we have something for everyone. Last year we offered a series of back-to-backs for 52 Nights that started in Rome and ended in Sydney. I joined for the last leg of that journey in Australia and the feedback was amazing. We are working on more back-to-back opportunities like this, some shorter and some longer. Stay tuned for our new deployment announcement later this fall. Our call centers or your travel partner can also help try to find sailings that can be combined and visit different ports.

• Thanks 1

Dear @Laura Hodges Bethge

Thank you for your answer. 
I was onboard the 2-first segments of the Edge 52/n. Rome-Singapore. 
So it was a special out of the box sailing. In my signature my live from this cruise and other cruises is listed. 
I strongly recommend that you read….

It will give a good idea of what we as a passenger value and enjoy onboard💙️(and how X not always deliver in the attention to detail) Because it happens🙃 No one is perfect 24/7. 

For those special sailings, I know Apex just did the 12-n Norwegian sailing. 
It’s a good itinerary, but it can be even better. Some important things are missing. 

For a grand ultimate Norway 🇳🇴 cruise, you need to add some extra stops and at least 14.days. 

Start/stopping point: Southampton or Amsterdam/Rotterdam

Ports of call during the sailing: 

-Bergen

-Stavanger

-Flåm

-Olden

-Åndalsnes 

-Trondheim

- Lofoten Island, Svolvær

-Tromsø

-Alta

-Honningsvåg 

Then you have majestic fjords and the naked scenery in the north. 
It’s plenty of things to do and a good mixture of culture, nature and scenery activities. Hiking, biking, swimming, viewing and scenic sights. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Dear @Laura Hodges Bethge

Thank you for your answer. 
I was onboard the 2-first segments of the Edge 52/n. Rome-Singapore. 
So it was a special out of the box sailing. In my signature my live from this cruise and other cruises is listed. 
I strongly recommend that you read….

It will give a good idea of what we as a passenger value and enjoy onboard💙️(and how X not always deliver in the attention to detail) Because it happens🙃 No one is perfect 24/7. 

For those special sailings, I know Apex just did the 12-n Norwegian sailing. 
It’s a good itinerary, but it can be even better. Some important things are missing. 

For a grand ultimate Norway 🇳🇴 cruise, you need to add some extra stops and at least 14.days. 

Start/stopping point: Southampton or Amsterdam/Rotterdam

Ports of call during the sailing: 

-Bergen

-Stavanger

-Flåm

-Olden

-Åndalsnes 

-Trondheim

- Lofoten Island, Svolvær

-Tromsø

-Alta

-Honningsvåg 

Then you have majestic fjords and the naked scenery in the north. 
It’s plenty of things to do and a good mixture of culture, nature and scenery activities. Hiking, biking, swimming, viewing and scenic sights. 

Celebrity will probably be moving away from Norway 

https://businessnorway.com/articles/green-cruising-norway-world-heritage-fjords-becoming-emission-free

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2024 at 12:20 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Hopefully we will get a wider  choice of itineraries in the UK then. It is currently very limited and I am disappointed that my question was merged with this thread so that my specific UK concerns weren't addressed. Oh well.

Edited by Presto2

On 7/29/2024 at 7:46 PM, Presto2 said:

Hopefully we will get a wider  choice of itineraries in the UK then. It is currently very limited and I am disappointed that my question was merged with this thread so that my specific UK concerns weren't addressed. Oh well.

Disappointed but not suprised, feel we in the UK are an afterthought for the RCI group

1 hour ago, Mike.S said:

Disappointed but not suprised, feel we in the UK are an afterthought for the RCI group

We get also get screwed over by RCG  in the Great Lakes area of NA 

I never seen any RCG ship sailing here , at least you have some in the UK 😁