Celebrity Silhouette Anytime dining questions

Hello everyone;

In less than a month I'll be sailing Celebrity (Silhouette) for the first time, very excited!

I still have a few questions about the MDR. We have anytime dining. 

So I believe we will be seated on deck 4, correct? 

If you walk to the MDR for dinner at any time without reservation, you might have to wait for a little bit? 

I saw you are also able to reserve a time on the X app? Can you do this while on the ship? So, is it possible to reserve a time a few hours prior to dinner or do you need to reserve a day before or something like that? 

Since it's anytime dining, I don't think it's common to get a seat/specific please assigned right? Especially since we don't want to stick to a specific time each time we go there. 

but if you want to drink wine by the bottle; will they be able to reserve your wine for you for a following day? 

Thank you in advance! 

7 hours ago, sofienummer said:

Hello everyone;

In less than a month I'll be sailing Celebrity (Silhouette) for the first time, very excited!

I still have a few questions about the MDR. We have anytime dining. 

So I believe we will be seated on deck 4, correct? 

If you walk to the MDR for dinner at any time without reservation, you might have to wait for a little bit? 

I saw you are also able to reserve a time on the X app? Can you do this while on the ship? So, is it possible to reserve a time a few hours prior to dinner or do you need to reserve a day before or something like that? 

Since it's anytime dining, I don't think it's common to get a seat/specific please assigned right? Especially since we don't want to stick to a specific time each time we go there. 

but if you want to drink wine by the bottle; will they be able to reserve your wine for you for a following day? 

Thank you in advance! 

The answers to every point is Yes - except for the "can you reserve on the ship" where that option will be long gone. 

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

The answers to every point is Yes - except for the "can you reserve on the ship" where that option will be long gone. 

Oh really? So if you want to decide on the day itself you have to just go to the MDR and check if they still have some spots left? 

If you do make reservations beforehand; can you still change the time if needed? 

2 hours ago, sofienummer said:

Oh really? So if you want to decide on the day itself you have to just go to the MDR and check if they still have some spots left? 

If you do make reservations beforehand; can you still change the time if needed? 

It works just like any other restaurant . Turn up when you like and if there is a table you will go in. If not you may have to wait for a for a few  minutes or you will be offered a pager so you can wait in a bar/Al Bacio etc. Also usually quicker if you tell the "check in " person that you are happy to share a table - we always share ideally on a table of 6.

If you have booked and don't intend to take up the booking always polite to tell the Check in Staff. If you book a Speciality Restaurant that will automatically cancel your Select Dining Reservation for the same eveneing.

• Thanks 1