Northbound from Vancouver

larrybritt

Quick thought on cabin location. We are thinking of doing this itinerary and all the cabins that are remaining are on the port side. I know this means most of the land will be on the starboard side. Anyone have a cabin with balcony in this situation. I know it will still be awesome but just wondered what typ of views you still get.

Thanks for thoughts

57 minutes ago, larrybritt said:

Quick thought on cabin location. We are thinking of doing this itinerary and all the cabins that are remaining are on the port side. I know this means most of the land will be on the starboard side. Anyone have a cabin with balcony in this situation. I know it will still be awesome but just wondered what typ of views you still get.

Thanks for thoughts

Northbound from Vancouver, most of the time you have land on both sides or nothing, except possibly the very tops of mountains.

Departing Vancouver, the port side has better views through the harbour, but the stbd side is probably better through English Bay. Once clear of Pt Atkinson, the port side has the setting sun, which at times, can be excellent.

Sunset is before Seymour Narrows, so you steam through the Inside Passage at night, although you may catch the top end if cruising close to the solstice. At the top end of the Inside Passage, you have better views on the port side, until clearing Queen Charlotte Sound.

I have done the Northbound out of Vancouver in a port side balcony and it was great.  During the times that we were facing out to more open ocean we were able to see many whales from our balcony.