Can we make a "2 BR" by combining a suite and a regular stateroom?

Thanks to everyone for all the super-helpful info regarding Celebrity!  

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

There are other ships and cruise lines with 2-BR suites.  Royal has 2-BR grand suites for example that meet all of your criteria. 

Thanks for sharing about Royal.  

The cruise my mom wants to take is a transatlantic, so that further complicates things.  We strongly prefer eastbound, she wants several port stops (which I'm not convinced she will be able to take advantage of, but that's another topic. . .), and her health is preventing us from knowing when we can travel at this point.  We should know something on that front within the next month or so.  

I usually do my own travel planning.  But with all these complexities in play, IF we are able to take this trip, I'm thinking I'll use a travel agency.  Meeting all our needs/preferences will be a challenge!

Again, thanks for all the info.  It's helped me decide that I need to call in an expert, when the time comes!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

There are other ships and cruise lines with 2-BR suites.  Royal has 2-BR grand suites for example that meet all of your criteria.  Celebrity is rather limited for your needs if just the two of you.  You could get connecting balcony cabins but would have to pay the higher single rate each.

But that wouldn’t get them a separate living space

1 hour ago, gzmtlock said:

The cruise my mom wants to take is a transatlantic, so that further complicates things.  We strongly prefer eastbound, she wants several port stops (which I'm not convinced she will be able to take advantage of, but that's another topic. . .), and her health is preventing us from knowing when we can travel at this point.  We should know something on that front within the next month or so.  

I usually do my own travel planning.  But with all these complexities in play, IF we are able to take this trip, I'm thinking I'll use a travel agency.  Meeting all our needs/preferences will be a challenge!

Again, thanks for all the info.  It's helped me decide that I need to call in an expert, when the time comes!!

At quick glance for 2025 TA's what you are looking for isn't available. You either have to give up the Retreat or having a separate living space.  A Penthouse on an E class ship is probably the most cost effective option and they are all booked. 

1 hour ago, gzmtlock said:

Please double check what the ‘expert’ TA’s inform you. There are some fantastic TA’s out there but many who have no specific knowledge of the individual ship layouts. It doesn’t help that sometimes when you try to look up rooms on Celebrity you can get a mix of the M, S and E class pictures. 

Sincere best wishes that you and your Mother find something to suit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

But that wouldn’t get them a separate living space

Actually go back and read post #1 from the OP on the important criteria.  They want a living space separate from the sleeping space (BR).  A 2-BR GS fits all the criteria I think.

• Like 2