What to do in Nassau for the day? 2 adult, 3 young children

StevenMA

Hi everyone, 

Our cruise will be visiting Nassau on August 12th. We were looking for something for the whole family to enjoy without completely breaking the bank. I have been reading that certain spots and activities are run down and just a money grab for tourists. 

Currently I have book comfort suites for the day to get access to Atlantis but I am unsure as I have two young kids who are under the 48 inch height requirement for all their slides. I thought it was a lot of money to be spending considering that two of my children can not do the rides. The second reason why I not sold on it is because we are also stopping a perfect day coco cay where they will be able to go on a majority of the slides. 

Are there any other recommendations? Our kids dont mind walking, and we do not mind just chilling on a beach. 

You can walk over to Junkanoo for free (or rent umbrellas and chairs). I hear the zoo has a cute flamingo show. We’ve done Atlantis twice, the first time we left the under 48” kids on the ship with grandparents.

12 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

You can walk over to Junkanoo for free (or rent umbrellas and chairs). I hear the zoo has a cute flamingo show. We’ve done Atlantis twice, the first time we left the under 48” kids on the ship with grandparents.

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately we do not have grandparents traveling with us and only one of our children is over 48 inches, while the other two are 42inches. I will read up on the zoo. 

2 hours ago, StevenMA said:

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately we do not have grandparents traveling with us and only one of our children is over 48 inches, while the other two are 42inches. I will read up on the zoo. 

There is also the water park at margaritaville, I’ve never been but I’m sure they will have height requirements somewhere.

• Like 1

I heard there is a pirates museum close by. We walked down to Junkanoo and the straw market. I didn’t like how rocky the water line was, after we got past that it was ok. You could take a cab to cabbage beach or ca le beach as well. 

1 hour ago, KarimaJ said:

I heard there is a pirates museum close by. We walked down to Junkanoo and the straw market. I didn’t like how rocky the water line was, after we got past that it was ok. You could take a cab to cabbage beach or ca le beach as well. 

The public beach on cabbage has no facilities and water can be rough. I don’t know if cable beach still had any public access.

We are doing the water park at Margaritaville with our kids. It's not the cheapest (and food is not included) but if you book on resortforaday.com, you can pay some now then pay the balance when you get there. It's walkable from the port.

The waterpark at Baha Bay looks incredible but is twice the cost, unfortunately. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 7:00 AM, StevenMA said:

Hi everyone, 

Our cruise will be visiting Nassau on August 12th. We were looking for something for the whole family to enjoy without completely breaking the bank. I have been reading that certain spots and activities are run down and just a money grab for tourists. 

Currently I have book comfort suites for the day to get access to Atlantis but I am unsure as I have two young kids who are under the 48 inch height requirement for all their slides. I thought it was a lot of money to be spending considering that two of my children can not do the rides. The second reason why I not sold on it is because we are also stopping a perfect day coco cay where they will be able to go on a majority of the slides. 

Are there any other recommendations? Our kids dont mind walking, and we do not mind just chilling on a beach. 

It's past August 12th but hopefully you learned before your cruise that you must book at least two nights at the Comfort Suites to get access to Atlantis, so it's not really a deal if you're coming in for a single day on a cruise ship. 

Hopefully you come back and share what you guys did with your day!

21 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

It's past August 12th but hopefully you learned before your cruise that you must book at least two nights at the Comfort Suites to get access to Atlantis, so it's not really a deal if you're coming in for a single day on a cruise ship. 

Hopefully you come back and share what you guys did with your day!

Is that always or just during popular times?