Gluten Free Menu - How has it been?

We are sailing the Panorama in November with our daughter & her boyfriend, both of whom are Celiacs.  When she sailed with us last June to Alaska she had to pre-order her meals. I understand there are now GF menus which allow them to just order with the rest of us - not the day before.    How has the food been?  Good experiences?

I was on the Celebration in May, and ordered from the Gluten free menus in Cucina and ChiBang.  It was a great selection and the food was great!!  The eggplant parm in Cucina was honestly one of the best I've ever had anywhere!  The deli was very accomodating as well.  I didn't care for the GF pizza, but, they did offer it!  I found out after I got off of the ship, that the Blue Iguana offers corn tortillas, so, don't miss out on that!  I only ate at the Main Dining room once for breakfast - and - I don't think that my pancakes were gluten free.  I felt bad all day.  I'm not celiac, just gluten sensitive, so, be careful in the MDR!  That's just my experience though, a lot of people fare well in there!  The Buffet is labeled well, and we ate most of our meals there, and it was great!  They always have a salad bar, fresh fruit, and always have a freshly carved meat option - and above the buffet, everything is labeled, and tells you what is GF.  If worried about cross contamination, you can ask for a fresh plate from the back if I'm not mistaken, but, I'm not positive on that.  In the mornings, they have freshly prepared omelets and fried eggs to order in the buffet area, and the gluten free bread is right there, but, it is not toasted.  They also offer gluten free Warm Chocolate Melting Cake!  A lot of people talk to the Maitre'd, but, with the new menu, I don't think it's necessary anymore.  

• Like 1

We were on the Mardi Gras in April and had a great experience with gluten free food. My husband is celiac and ate comfortably in the MDR (straight from the menu, no pre-order) at Cucina, Chibang, and Pig and Anchor, as well as the sandwich and pizza quick service and Guy's (a bit more of a wait at those quick serve places than regular orders, but worth it to know they're following procedure to avoid cross contamination).

All the staff was really sweet and everything was easy. We weren't made to feel like we were being a bother or hassle (which happens!)

• Like 2

There is a Menu Mate aboard every ship, usually at the buffet area, feel free to ask them any questions you have about your dietary concerns as well!

• Like 1

I was recently on the Venezia, maybe i went to the buffet at the wrong times of days but whenever i passed the menu mate table they had, it was unstaffed with no one there 

the hub app has a gluten free dinning menu

• Like 1