UMBRELLAS

6 hours ago, dallascruiser said:

I was in a inside in May-June and asked steward and he told me inside cabins didn’t get umbrellas?  

Is this a question or a statement?  If you were told no, what’s the purpose of asking here?  If we tell you yes and then there is not one for you, will you feel different?  What’s more important, the weight or $$ savings?  I am really curious about the answers to these questions. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We just got off the Noordam. We sailed in a Signature Suite. I asked for the clear plastic “caddy” filled with Q-tips and cotton balls, and was told “sorry, those are only for Suites.” Meaning Neptunes and the Pinnacles. Often, you get what you pay for. And don’t pay for what you don’t want or need.

I want the Nespresso maker. But won’t pay the price (for now) for the suite that has it. I must say though that two sinks, two desks, full size sofa and big balcony with table and chairs and loungers has spoiled me for all the future cabins to come. Won’t regularly pay for a Signature, but will forever compare to it!  

8 hours ago, dallascruiser said:

Are umbrellas furnished in inside cabins?  I know they are in other cabins, I will be on the Noordam.

This question has been asked numerous times over the years; a simple search on Cruise Critic would find many replies.  From what I remember, here are the generally accepted answers.

Umbrellas are always provided in the PS and NS suites, and usually in the Signature Suites.  They are sometimes provided in the non-suite cabins, but don't count on it.  If not, you can try asking your cabin steward, but if there are none available on the ship, obviously you will not be getting it.  If I were staying in an inside cabin, I would bring my own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the help.  I guess I’ll be bringing umbrellas.  One of you asked why I would even ask, well I always had one before until I was in an inside cabin, of course I have plenty of umbrellas at home but we are getting really old and trying to pair down on our suitcases and weight. So I just thought maybe they gave umbrellas on other ships.  For those of you that were unkind, someday you will be this age God willing and then you will understand.

Linda

1 hour ago, dallascruiser said:

Thanks for the help.  I guess I’ll be bringing umbrellas.  One of you asked why I would even ask, well I always had one before until I was in an inside cabin, of course I have plenty of umbrellas at home but we are getting really old and trying to pair down on our suitcases and weight. So I just thought maybe they gave umbrellas on other ships.  For those of you that were unkind, someday you will be this age God willing and then you will understand.

Linda

The published amenities show umbrellas provided in suites (Pinnacle & Neptune), but sometimes they'll be in others, as well.

I have frequently seen them at the gangway near where Security scans you out at port; you can request one to use.

Safe travels- enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1