Can I add princess plus after I have booked or on-board?

Hi

Just booked a last minute cruise for next month. The booking agent not with princess (Main uk cruise booking site) said she couldn't see the plus option but I could see it on princess after I've booked. 

Is it possible to adding the next 3 weeks before sailing or on board? Also...Will it be similar in price if I do? 

Thanks so much 

I asked this same question a few weeks ago as I'd like to use OBC to pay for the Plus package if possible. Many people replied indicating that you can definitely add the Plus (or Premier) package when you board, although the price could change in the interim. At the moment, the price is the same whether pre-purchased or bought on board.

@Velvetwater, in the US, if you have the Princess insurance, adding pre cruise will add an additional amount as the package is considered part of the cruise fare. I am not familiar with UK rules. When you add in board, there is not increase m you are billed the stated daily rate times number of days.

Posted (edited)

@Velvetwater do you have enough on board credit that you would like to use to add the plus fare option? If you do then you need to wait to get on board.

If not ,just go ahead and add it yourself if you show that you’re able to add it and pay for it.

Or like others have said you can wait to get onboard ,more than likely it will be the same price, it has been recently, but obviously, no one knows if it’s going to go up in price.

But yes, it is possible to book it as soon as you get onboard .You can’t book it 3 to 4 days after you get on the ship.

OP is cruising next month,so paid in full already.

Edited by arizonaperson

Hi

I dont have any obc as I've not sailed with Princess in awhile.

Uk insurance means you book a price band to insure so the money each won't make much difference.

Thanks for the replies everyone! 

@arizonaperson, in all of my recent Princess sailings, you have been able to add/upgrade your packages only on Day1 or 2. I have not seen Princess offer up to day 3 or 4 and I have been on some cruises up to 28 days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@arizonaperson, in all of my recent Princess sailings, you have been able to add/upgrade your packages only on Day1 or 2. I have not seen Princess offer up to date 3 or 4 and I have been on some cruises up to 28 days.

Exactly what I said, op needs to do it as soon as he or she gets onboard if they want it. I was pointing out don’t wait till day three or four because you won’t be able to get it. Sorry if I confused you.

On 7/9/2024 at 6:57 PM, Raisinette said:

I asked this same question a few weeks ago as I'd like to use OBC to pay for the Plus package if possible. Many people replied indicating that you can definitely add the Plus (or Premier) package when you board, although the price could change in the interim. At the moment, the price is the same whether pre-purchased or bought on board.

Princess will not raise the rates without prior notification. It won't happen overnight so if they plan to raise the rates, you will read it here first and will have time to add it before the increase. Otherwise, you will get the same rate on board and can wait.

On 7/9/2024 at 6:01 PM, wallyj said:

@Velvetwater, in the US, if you have the Princess insurance, adding pre cruise will add an additional amount as the package is considered part of the cruise fare. I am not familiar with UK rules. When you add in board, there is not increase m you are billed the stated daily rate times number of days.

I wondered about that.  Thanks for the information.

B

Small print on bottom. This is one of the current July 2024 Patters .
IMG_0632.thumb.jpeg.58e4e505b7f8e02f6b2a30a8445063bf.jpegDo both people in the room/cabin have to have this ? Ask once you get onboard, I’m actually not sure .You also don’t have to be a ( alcohol) drinker to add on one of the packages or upgrade. Many non alcoholic drinks,wi fi, specialty coffees,soda,crew appreciation,etc  included in that package.

6 hours ago, Thor17 said:

When you get onboard, can you add Plus for only one person in the cabin (as my spouse is a non-drinker)?  Thanks.

Thor17

You are allowed to add/buy the ‘standalone’ beverage package, meaning it is the beverage package only NOT the bundle with crew appreciation, and WiFi and the other amenities, for yourself, but it is expensive.

Requires math to see if you will drink enough to justify cost considering other person in cabin will not have to purchase.

Yes, both passengers are required to buy Plus or Premier BUNDLE/PKG if in same cabin and no mix as if one wants plus and another wants premier, has to be SAME package.