Celebrity solstice

1 hour ago, pete_coach said:

Once again "From the Celebrity FAQ on the website "In main and specialty dining, we ask guests to refrain from wearing swimsuits, see-through coverups or robes, bare feet, tank tops, T-shirts, and baseball caps. " It does not exclude shorts.....even in specialty restaurants.

How about looking at the entire FAQ 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/onboard-dress-code

AT NIGHT

SMART CASUAL 

Smart Casual attire is required for entry to main dining, specialty dining, and the Celebrity Theatre. Smart Casual means you look comfortable yet tasteful in a dress, skirt, long pants, or jean, and stylish top or button-down. Shorts and flip flops are not considered Smart Casual. 

(bolding in mine for emphasis) 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 5:59 AM, Dairbear01 said:

Looking at a cruise to Asia with celebrity solstice, have never cruised with them before, as we aren't into dressing up is this to posh a cruise, or are you still able to enjoy most areas dressed down in your jeans and t shirt, we usually eat in the buffet restaurant so understand the main dining area usually comes with a smart casual or more dependent on occasion 

We've been on Solstice 3 times and most recently this past Dec on a Singapore to Hong Kong trip.  You do not need to dress up to visit the public areas of the ship--jeans and t-shirt for the most part will be fine.  And your comments about the buffet vs main dining room for dinner are correct.  Shorts and t-shirt are fine in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch.

1 hour ago, pete_coach said:

My question to the CEO is "Why do you not enforce the rules you have onboard?" i". Yes that includes dress but also things like disallowing chair hogs (my personal gripe). 

In the summer, I wear shots, everywhere including restaurants. If I go to a "fancy" restaurant (like the specialty restaurants) I put on pants.

Once again "From the Celebrity FAQ on the website "In main and specialty dining, we ask guests to refrain from wearing swimsuits, see-through coverups or robes, bare feet, tank tops, T-shirts, and baseball caps. " It does not exclude shorts.....even in specialty restaurants.

That's shipboard/daytime.  It does mention shorts in the nighttime under Smart Casual

image.thumb.png.abffe93a0e2ce2514020564d8bebefb8.png

• Like 2

For those who have cruised on Solstice, it seems from what I read that it is the only Solstice class ship that doesn't have the same restaurants as the others (Silhouette, Equinox).  The available restaurants seem more in keeping with Millennium series.  Please confirm.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, peanut head said:

For those who have cruised on Solstice, it seems from what I read that it is the only Solstice class ship that doesn't have the same restaurants as the others (Silhouette, Equinox).  The available restaurants seem more in keeping with Millennium series.  Please confirm.

Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse are similar and have the same specialty restaurants.  Murano, Tuscan Grille, Sushi at 5 and Le Petit Chef

Silhouette and Reflection are similar to each other.  They both have the above restaurants and additional specialty restaurants than Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse.  The extra restaurants are Lawn Club Grill and The Porch.  They occupy the same space that the Hot Glass Show sits on board Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1