Carnival Venezia August 31, 2024

• Host Kat changed the title to Carnival Venezia August 31, 2024

Hello everyone!

The original Roll Call thread title Carnival Venezia 8-31-24 had to be edited. Members cannot find this specific Roll Call thread title using the Roll Call Finder Tool at the top of this Roll Calls forum. The Tool needs an alpha date format in all Roll Call titles so the search results will be correct.

Please note the following portion from How To: Create A New Roll Call:

•  In the Title Box, type the name of your ship, your sail date and year. 
    • When you create a new ROLL CALL topic, you MUST include the sail date in the subject line, and here's the suggested format:    Example: January 1, 2016
    • Please note the suggested date format with the month first and spelled out completely will ensure your new Roll Call topic appear in search results

Now the newly edited Carnival Venezia August 31, 2024 Roll Call thread title CAN be found when the Roll Call Finder Tool is used!

And to all reading this Roll Call, suggest everyone use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies such as this one. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! Make YOUR voice heard. Your honest cruise review will influence next year's Cruisers' Choice award winners and help others choose the right sailing. Click here: How To: Submit a Member Review

I hope this will be helpful to all and glad to have everyone aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this sailing as i need the Vacation. Bermuda have not seen her in about 6 years. 5 weeks to go. Not wishing the summer away but can wait for the drive down from Mass to board the ship. Already made the parking reservation for the pier and paid the $315.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, jennybaby74 said:

I’ll be on the following cruise. Just don’t see a forum for it. See you soon!

There is, but probably buried somewhere on page 2. See you on board! 😎

On 8/15/2024 at 7:42 AM, Jamman54 said:

All checked in. Boarding Group A01. 😎

9am check in i got C03 11-11:30 group. Must be nice to have pull LOL !! Driving down from Mass so 11am should be ok. Cant wait to see you all on ship. Storm cleanup happening quickly they are down to 32% with out power at this point but airport reopening. Yes !!!

• Like 1

Question about parking at pier, even making/paying for reservations on Ike are you guaranteed parking at pier even when arriving late morning early afternoon? 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 9:35 AM, doyons said:

Question about parking at pier, even making/paying for reservations on Ike are you guaranteed parking at pier even when arriving late morning early afternoon? 

No worries. There will be plenty of parking available. :classic_cool:

Thanks, another question since you’ve been to Bermuda a lot. Ferry from dockyard to St. George is $5 cash each way or $10. One bermuda websites says $10.  And I see that have the app now you can buy a day pass for $19.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, doyons said:

Thanks, another question since you’ve been to Bermuda a lot. Ferry from dockyard to St. George is $5 cash each way or $10. One bermuda websites says $10.  And I see that have the app now you can buy a day pass for $19.  

It was $5 the last time we went over there several years ago,  but I wouldn't be surprised if it went up to $10. 😎

On 8/23/2024 at 7:55 AM, doyons said:

Here is the schedule which includes pricing. it looks like its still $5 Bahamian. 

http://www.rccbermuda.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer Ferry Schedule 2024.pdf

I don't think that they take US Dollars so you probably need to buy the token or ticket from the booth at the Dockyard. I downloaded the app but don't know if the buses and ferries are using it yet. I'll wait until we get there to purchase anything with the app.

2 hours ago, TravelE said:

Here is the schedule which includes pricing. it looks like its still $5 Bahamian. 

I don't think that they take US Dollars so you probably need to buy the token or ticket from the booth at the Dockyard. I downloaded the app but don't know if the buses and ferries are using it yet. I'll wait until we get there to purchase anything with the app.

They take US dollars everywhere! 😎

5 hours ago, TravelE said:

What app is that?  Thank you.

Jerry

On 7/27/2024 at 10:40 PM, phoneman69 said:

Looking forward to this sailing as i need the Vacation. Bermuda have not seen her in about 6 years. 5 weeks to go. Not wishing the summer away but can wait for the drive down from Mass to board the ship. Already made the parking reservation for the pier and paid the $315.

Hello, have you considered parking at the Peter Pan bus line terminal in Providence (free) and jumping on the bus to NY? $45 each way. Arrives in NY at 10:15am.  See you on the ship! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruiser 00 said:

Hello, have you considered parking at the Peter Pan bus line terminal in Providence (free) and jumping on the bus to NY? $45 each way. Arrives in NY at 10:15am.  See you on the ship! 

Looked at the Amtrak and the Bus but with it being Labor Day weekend the pricing was up and the 2 of us driving made sense. But will sure to look again next sailing out of NY. The Peter Pan bus i was told does not stop at the Cruise Terminal and you had to take a taxi or ride share to the cruise terminal from the bus terminal.

• Like 1