Copa Airline??

ronmar22

While attempting to find a flight post cruise from Barbados to Chicago I am having difficulty finding flights that leave after noon.  There are plenty of flights that leave early in the morning and some that leave in the afternoon with somewhat long stops along the way (many not arriving in Chi until the next day).  I found Copa Airlines has a flight with a one stop in Panama City that at least gets to Chicago on the same day.  Any opinions/reviews on this airline?  I frankly had never heard of it.  Thanks for any input.

Dates always help.

Copa is a decent carrier, utilizing 737 aircraft hubbing through Panama City.

How about DL through ATL, leaving around 4pm?

And FWIW, the reason for the late departures is that flights tend to do turnarounds at BGI, not staying overnight.  So the flights come in from a morning USA departure, arrive in afternoon, and turn around with a later departure that day.

Thanks for the reply’s.  FlyerTalker, I guess I wasn’t really looking for help in finding a flight with my post so I neglected to give a date.  Just seeking input on Copa as I had never heard of that airline.  That being said, the date is November 18, 2024.  I will check out DL through Atanta that departs around 4.  Thanks again.

They have been around for decades.  When they were founded in the 1940s they were partially owned by Pan-am in the US.  Continental was also a major owner for a time.

Well established airline.  They are part of star alliance, so any reward points you may earn can be credit to other star airlines, including United.   If your use to United, Delta or American your not going to find them all that different.

Posted (edited)

Copa is fine. They run a pretty impressive hub and spoke operation in PTY with all 737s going through North/Central/South America + Caribbean. I have only flown them twice, both in business class, and was generally impressed with what they are...which is an affordable, fairly basic (but fine) airline funneling people fairly efficiently through PTY. I'm just not a Star Alliance frequent flier, so I don't end up on them often...but there's nothing I've experienced that would keep me from flying them again. 

Edited by Zach1213