Freedom of the seas questions

26 minutes ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

Do they provide towels for pool use? Also do most still go earlier than stated time on boarding docs to get on ship?

All the ships have pool towels to check out.  Remember to return them or you will charge you.

Pool towels are free and available at a towel station near the pool. You have "sign them out" using your Seapass. If you don't return them, you will be charged. As for arriving to the port early, I can't speak for others but, we always arrive at the port around 11:00 regardless of what our scheduled check-in time is. We have never been told we have to wait until our scheduled time to check in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's how we handle towels -- in my opinion, it's the most convenient method /best way to assure yourself of no accidental charges: 

Day 1 check out X number of towels.  Do not return them; instead, EXCHANGE them for fresh towels and take them back to your room.  When you exchange, nothing goes into the computer -- so fewer opportunities for human error, especially when the towel station is busy.  This means you always have fresh towels available -- in case you want to go to the pool or hot tub late /early when the towel station isn't open.  The only negative is that you have to remember to bring them with you -- more than once I've made it to the stairs and said, "Oh, no, gotta go back for my towels."  On Day Last, return your towels and take your time to ask the attendant, "Are ALL the towels for my room returned?"  

We always stay up late /grab the earliest boarding slot, which is usually around 10:30.  In our experience (at several terminals), they DO check tickets for that earliest time slot. 

Maybe it's different later in the day, or maybe they allow in "waiters" once people with tickets are allowed in.  I really don't know 'cause I'm already in!  

Edited by Mum2Mercury