UEFA European Championship

Allwashedup

We are on a British Isles cruise which starts on Sunday 14 July from Leith.

Does anyone know if Azamara Quest would show the UAEF European Football game on TV on a big screen or in our cabin on our television.

If not, what time do we need to be back on the ship in the evening if we choose to go into Leith to watch the game. The ship does not depart until the following day.

4 minutes ago, Allwashedup said:

We are on a British Isles cruise which starts on Sunday 14 July from Leith.

Does anyone know if Azamara Quest would show the UAEF European Football game on TV on a big screen or in our cabin on our television.

If not, what time do we need to be back on the ship in the evening if we choose to go into Leith to watch the game. The ship does not depart until the following day.

The gangway is open all night. Experience is that they do not show games like that onboard and haven’t been showing the games to date this year. 
Bear in mind if you are watching in Edinburgh you may well be with a lot of Scots suddenly claiming Spanish grannies 😀😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Allwashedup said:

Thanks UKtog, hopefully, I can get a WI-FI connection on the dockside. 

There are pubs in the area or head further into town on the tram - might be much more pleasant as the terminal building is minute 

• Like 1

We’ll be at sea on Sunday having left Athens on Saturday on Journey. My son, travelling on our cruise with his girlfriend, is not happy to miss it. I wonder whether the Starlink WiFi might stream it, using a UK vpn?

54 minutes ago, tonyl1956 said:

We’ll be at sea on Sunday having left Athens on Saturday on Journey. My son, travelling on our cruise with his girlfriend, is not happy to miss it. I wonder whether the Starlink WiFi might stream it, using a UK vpn?

The upgraded wi-fi should give you between 3 - 4 Mbps which should be enough to stream the match.

• Like 2

The cruise terminal has wi-fi, though it's very sensitive to where in the building you are and not particularly fast.  Near the security desk is usually OK.

Or just hotspot off your phone (with a cheap PAYG SIM for the evening if you've not got enough data on your standard package to stream a match).  If you need to know how much data that will be, just look-up how much Michael Matheson MSP used when he was on holiday! 😉  Though that was two matches: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-67473221#:~:text=Health Secretary Michael Matheson has,device was used for work.

• Haha 2

Thank you for all your replies, I am sure we will find somewhere to watch the match, even if we have to don reflective jackets and sit near the security desk!! 😁 

• Haha 1