Queen Anne 14th - 28th July Iceland and bits of Britain.

Victoria2

7 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I knew what you meant😀 I'll see if I can fit it in.

Disappointing pud on the menu last night. Crème brûlée, my fav onboard but this one was a crème caramel only not enough caramel to make it a true version.

l'll order it as a special and specify the ramekin version with a hard, crackly top.

Hmm, QG, let down by a crème brûlée which wasn’t. Major catastrophe! 😃

Though you would think they would know the difference. Even I know the difference, and I don’t eat either, because I don’t eat eggs.

It does often seem to be the case, looking at the revues, which I only do when I want a laugh, that quite minor problems are the fulcrum that turns the entire voyage into a nightmare experience. Often this is to do with embarkation, which is not always something Cunard even have control over, and that colours the entire voyage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

This was our balcony view first thing yesterday.

As this is our fourth visit ( the first one being a five day stay years ago) we didn’t bother getting off the ship but went up to deck eleven to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Didn’t last long. Flippin 'eck, the wind whips across the deck. Fortuitously, I brought a pair of M&S thermal leggings with me as they’re cozy pull ons to laze around in.

Add a fleece jacket and cuddle up in the blankets and we got our fresh air fix. 👍

IMG_1123.jpeg

Where are you?

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

Though you would think they would know the difference. Even I know the difference, and I don’t eat either, because I don’t eat eggs.

It does often seem to be the case, looking at the revues, which I only do when I want a laugh, that quite minor problems are the fulcrum that turns the entire voyage into a nightmare experience. Often this is to do with embarkation, which is not always something Cunard even have control over, and that colours the entire voyage.

I knooooooow

We are seriously considering our options for our future bookings with Cunard after this Major Catastrophe!🤨

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I knooooooow

We are seriously considering our options for our future bookings with Cunard after this Major Catastrophe!🤨

I’m sure you had an amiable chat with Ilven about the difference between caramel and brûlée.

Edited by exlondoner

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I’m sure you had an amiable chat with Ilven about the difference between caramel and brûlée.

Ilven's on leave.

No, couldn’t be bothered. As Major Catastrophe's go, it was a drop in the ocean. Looking on the bright side, it saved the calories. 🙂

Here are today’s tours

IMG_1138.jpeg

• Like 3

Could you tell me if there are actual steps (rather than vertical ladders) into either of the pools please?

We’re sailing on 11th August and wondering if it’s worth me packing swimming costumes as I can’t manage the ladders.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, cariad1000 said:

Could you tell me if there are actual steps (rather than vertical ladders) into either of the pools please?

We’re sailing on 11th August and wondering if it’s worth me packing swimming costumes as I can’t manage the ladders.

Thank you.

Will do

24 minutes ago, Shingles Mark said:

I’ve just tested positive for coronavirus. Take care everyone 

Sympathies. Rotten for you. How do you feel? What restrictions are you and your cabin companion, if any, subject to?

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

Sympathies. Rotten for you. How do you feel? What restrictions are you and your cabin companion, if any, subject to?

At the moment it’s just a normal cold , started yesterday but I was negative. This morning positive. I have to isolate in my cabin for 24 hours, if I feel better tomorrow I’m allowed out but have to wear a mask . 
I asked if they would inform my table mates and they said they no longer do this. 
I can have the new antiviral treatment if my condition worsens at a cost of 700 dollars! Hopefully I’ll be ok though I do have a dodgy immune system as I had a bone marrow transplant for Leukaemia. 
Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shingles Mark said:

At the moment it’s just a normal cold , started yesterday but I was negative. This morning positive. I have to isolate in my cabin for 24 hours, if I feel better tomorrow I’m allowed out but have to wear a mask . 
I asked if they would inform my table mates and they said they no longer do this. 
I can have the new antiviral treatment if my condition worsens at a cost of 700 dollars! Hopefully I’ll be ok though I do have a dodgy immune system as I had a bone marrow transplant for Leukaemia. 
Fingers crossed 

Will your insurance cover the antiviral? Glad you are not feeling too wretched. I think I would want my table mates to know.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Will your insurance cover the antiviral? Glad you are not feeling too wretched. I think I would want my table mates to know.

Yes I think it would pay, it has to be started within 5 days of testing positive so I’ll see how I feel tomorrow. 
yes I agree I think my table mates should be informed. 
Thankfully I upgraded to a balcony at least I have a nice view 😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cariad1000 said:

Thank you.

Main pool is ladder entry I’m afraid.

I'll look at the other pool later if no one has come back on that.

41 minutes ago, Shingles Mark said:

Fingers crossed 

Just be sensible Mark. If it’s offered and you feel worse, take it. We have avoided Covid so far but my husband is also in the ‘vulnerable' catagory. 
Can't spend our lives in a bubble on a just in case  basis though.

Look after yourself.

If there’s anything you need, send an email to Hattie with your cabin number and maybe she will send it on so we can help.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Main pool is ladder entry I’m afraid.

I'll look at the other pool later if no one has come back on that.

I can’t remember, but this photo looks as if there may be steps?

IMG_0852.thumb.jpeg.4ead4e65e401d6009045424f4f76a329.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Shingles Mark said:

Fingers crossed 

You need to give yourself every chance for a safe and speedy return to good health.  Please take care, and I know we are all thinking of you.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hard to tell but I would say no steps in the rear pool.

Will go and actually look later on in the week.

Too many folk in picture to take the rear pool at the moment, but this is the Pavilion pool and yes, there look to be steps.

IMG_1147.jpeg

Edited by Victoria2

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Hard to tell but I would say no steps in the rear pool.

Will go and actually look later on in the week.

Too many folk in picture to take the rear pool at the moment, but this is the Pavilion pool and yes, there look to be steps.

IMG_1147.jpeg

Mind you on our Canary Islands cruise the water in that pool was very shallow, as I remember.

2 hours ago, Shingles Mark said:

Fingers crossed 

Hope you're feeling better soon and your isolation doesn't last too long. 

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Just be sensible Mark. If it’s offered and you feel worse, take it. We have avoided Covid so far but my husband is also in the ‘vulnerable' catagory. 
Can't spend our lives in a bubble on a just in case  basis though.

Look after yourself.

If there’s anything you need, send an email to Hattie with your cabin number and maybe she will send it on so we can help.

Thank you 🙏 

I think this confirms that the Pavilion Pool has steps at the end furthest from the big screen. It's a crop from a friend's Facebook post. Hopefully CC's displayed resolution will show the steps under water and the person in the photo appears to be climbing the steps.

Pavilion.jpg.0d122e22b4b3669fb30119295873fb3e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2