Loyalty Question

auburn77

Carnival gives you the attained loyalty class starting the first day of a cruise if the total days of that cruise puts you in the next class.

Princess?

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess does not.  You need to complete the cruise that you earned your status on.  It applies to the NEXT cruise.

Thanks

You will occasionally run across a posting here on CC where they state that they visited the Captains Circle desk and if the person manning the desk was feeling magnanimous they *sometimes* would bestow the new level before end of cruise. This however, was before the transition to ONE personnel. That's probably a thing of the past!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, auburn77 said:

Carnival gives you the attained loyalty class starting the first day of a cruise if the total days of that cruise puts you in the next class.

Princess?

Here’s a bit of information. Princess.com - Captains circle has information you may want to look at. The 123 is all online.

Loyalty Tiers and Accessing Your Benefits

Gold

After your first cruise1,2,3

Ruby

After completing 3 cruises or 30 cruise days1,2,3

Platinum

After completing 5 cruises or 50 cruise days1,2,3

Elite . After completing 15 cruises or 150 cruise days. So on 16 cruises or 151 days you become Elie & get the benefits.

Edited by arizonaperson

5 hours ago, auburn77 said:

Princess?

Princess has been known to grant the next level on your current sailing if you would reach the next tier in the first couple of days AND you are on a ‘long’ sailing.

I was on the Majestic Princess doing Sydney to LA. I along with another couple were waiting to see the Loyalty Manager. The couple told me they were told on their last cruise to see the Loyalty Manager as they were going to reach Elite days on Day2 of the current cruise. I shared my understanding is your days don’t get credited till AFTER you completed the sailing. 

When it was my turn to talk to the Loyalty manager, she confirmed on a case by case basis, Princess will grant the higher tier IF you are reaching it in the first few days AND you are on a ‘long’ sailing. The keywords are ‘first few days’ and ‘long’, which are not set in stone, so I believe this gives the Manager some wiggle room.

• Like 1