Does The Cellars offer anything to customers with FAS?

I only popped in once, never saw a menu, and every time I passed by there thereafter it always seemed deserted.

Is this a normal bar (possibly with prices that only accommodate FAS+?) or do they only do special events there like wine tasting?

I am an oenophile and always have the plus package. The Cellars or Wine Bar is the center of my universe when I’m on board an NCL ship. 
That being said, Cellars offers a lot to the more casual drinker and holders of the regular FAS package. They have an excellent selection of sparkling, white and red wine by the glass that are included in the non-plus package.

They have several tastings, up to three a day on sea days, that are reasonably priced. They are excellent and they actually serve pretty good wines, many of which would are not included in the basic package.

I always stop in before dinner and get wine pairing recommendations. The service is outstanding.

• Like 2

I like my wine but the only reason I didn't order anything at The Cellars was because right next to it was a much more comfy bar called Tobacco Road. Then again I should have just asked for a glass of something good at The Cellars and then hopped across to one of the comfy couches right next door. 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, astera said:

I only popped in once, never saw a menu, and every time I passed by there thereafter it always seemed deserted.

Is this a normal bar (possibly with prices that only accommodate FAS+?) or do they only do special events there like wine tasting?

The Cellars iPad-based menu offers wines by the glass and wines by the bottle. Same as other bars, the base drinks package covers the first $15 of any glass of wine. You can pay the overage if you buy something above that. 

9 hours ago, astera said:

I like my wine but the only reason I didn't order anything at The Cellars was because right next to it was a much more comfy bar called Tobacco Road. Then again I should have just asked for a glass of something good at The Cellars and then hopped across to one of the comfy couches right next door. 🙂

Our favorite bar on the Escape is Tobacco Road, for the very reasons you mentioned. (Well, unless you count the District, which is sort of a different category).

Anyway, we never ventured into Cellars, since we always figured it was more "hoity-toity" with more expensive prices. Good to know that us steerage folk can use our basic FAS at Cellars...while making an escape to Tobacco Road, cheap wine in hand.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 2:46 PM, ksteskel said:

14 hours ago, astera said:

Edited by BenDover

On 7/15/2024 at 2:52 PM, brookie848 said:

We loved the Cellars on the Escape. It was a prime people and chandelier-watching spot.

Cellars seemed very nice though it looked more like an exclusive wine store than a place to sit down comfortably to enjoy one's wine. That's why I stuck to the place literally 10 steps across the carpet. 🙂

On 7/15/2024 at 5:13 PM, BirdTravels said:

The Cellars iPad-based menu offers wines by the glass and wines by the bottle. Same as other bars, the base drinks package covers the first $15 of any glass of wine. You can pay the overage if you buy something above that. 

I guess the question beckons as to whether Cellars has anything special for FAS cruisers that others bars don't have?

On 7/15/2024 at 11:01 PM, schmoopie17 said:

Our favorite bar on the Escape is Tobacco Road, for the very reasons you mentioned. (Well, unless you count the District, which is sort of a different category).

Tobacco Road is the ultimate cool-down, last drink(s) for the night sort of place. I did love the District on the Escape as well though - especially the Guinness! Few people know this but you can also get Guinness at O'Sheehan's as well - just kindly ask for it!

20 hours ago, BenDover said:

While Cellars is the center of my NCL Universe, the evening ALWAYS ends at Tobacco Road with a Hennessy XO 😘  

Next time I'll take a seat there as well, though as mentioned above it seemed more like a wine store/outlet than a place to comfortably enjoy a glass of grape juice. Especially with Tobacco Road just steps away, enticing you with their comfy, leather couches and seats... 🙂

Good call with the last drink of the night. We always got the cognac which was very good though I cannot remember the exact name...