Forward Facing Penthouse Suite with Balcony

Hello ! 

For our Caribbean Cruise on NCL Breakway next January , first we booked a Haven Courtyard Penthouse inside the Haven complex   . But then changed to a FF Penthouse Suite , outside . We considered the space and division between sitting and sleeping area (a couple and grandson) . And the bathroom seems nicer in the videos . I hope we won´t regret being outside , it is our first time in the Haven cabins .

Our cabin is 13706 . The site says that this type of  cabin is 38-41 square meters but , by the videos , I can not tell the difference between 12706-11706-10706-9706, only the different furniture arrangement. It is said that 12706 and 9706 are larger . Does anyone know the difference? 9706 is still available but woud it be too far from the Haven ?

I saw a document here in the foruns of CC explainig all the cabins sizes  in Breakway and Getway but I am still confused about it .

13706 on Breakaway has a partially enclosed (PrivaSea) balcony....

....and some people like it, some people hate it, and some people don't care one way or the other. 

The discrepancy in sizes could be due to the one wheelchair accessible stateroom (13106) in the category which is configured differently. That one has one large room and one large bathroom (no separate living room). 

15 minutes ago, MariaCAP said:

9706 is still available but woud it be too far from the Haven ?

The issue with lower decks is that the lower the deck, the longer the walk to the forward elevator that takes you to the Haven. Also, the lower the deck, the more of the forward view from the bedroom is taken up by the bow of the ship. Going higher gives better views forward. 

I suggest deck 12. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MariaCAP said:

Hello ! 

For our Caribbean Cruise on NCL Breakway next January , first we booked a Haven Courtyard Penthouse inside the Haven complex   . But then changed to a FF Penthouse Suite , outside . We considered the space and division between sitting and sleeping area (a couple and grandson) . And the bathroom seems nicer in the videos . I hope we won´t regret being outside , it is our first time in the Haven cabins .

Our cabin is 13706 . The site says that this type of  cabin is 38-41 square meters but , by the videos , I can not tell the difference between 12706-11706-10706-9706, only the different furniture arrangement. It is said that 12706 and 9706 are larger . Does anyone know the difference? 9706 is still available but woud it be too far from the Haven ?

I saw a document here in the foruns of CC explainig all the cabins sizes  in Breakway and Getway but I am still confused about it .

The challenge with 9706 is that the view is limited by the bow of the ship. You are looking at the crew sun deck and crew bar area. You want to be higher. It is a long walk on any deck. 

I don’t thing the tiny bit of space would be noticeable. 

We always book the forward facing suites for the extra space, living room area, and lower price. We were in one last year to Alaska on the Encore. We went up to the Haven bar and courtyard multiple times a day. 

Enjoy

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The challenge with 9706 is that the view is limited by the bow of the ship. You are looking at the crew sun deck and crew bar area. You want to be higher. It is a long walk on any deck. 

I don’t thing the tiny bit of space would be noticeable. 

We always book the forward facing suites for the extra space, living room area, and lower price. We were in one last year to Alaska on the Encore. We went up to the Haven bar and courtyard multiple times a day. 

Enjoy

We have now sailed twice in Forward Facing thanks to your recommendations!  Now looking forward to a couple of more FF Havens.  Love the extra front room and the wonderfully spacious bathroom.    So nice to have our breakfast delivered to our outer room before I have gotten out of bed and put my makeup on

Although we have been in side the Haven 'proper' before, we enjoy these larger cabins.  Not a problem for us to get to the Haven several times a day for meals or to hang out on the sundeck.

• Like 1

I was in a forward facing penthouse on the Escape outside of the Haven and loved it.  We were in a cabin with the privasea balcony and I like it because I could sit out there and read while underway with no wind issues.  My cabin was on 14 and the Haven on 17 - the walk never bothered us.  It was a better value for the larger space than being inside the Haven.

• Like 1

I cannot answer about the forward facing penthouses. We have spent most of our cruises outside the Haven complex. And, we enjoy walking to the Haven, as well as being able to get a good vibe on what's going on in other parts of the ship. I'd highly encourage you to consider not being inside the Haven as I feel the experience is better. 

• Like 1