Sydney Airport Hotel Recommendation

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 3:44 AM, Carol28 said:

We need one night after our cruise to stay at an airport hotel.  The Novotel and Moxy have been ruled out.  The Novotel has mixed reviews and the Moxy's room are too small. We cannot walk our luggage to the airport from the Rydges hotel and I wonder if the shuttle will be available at the close distance to the terminal.  So,  I'd love to have other recommendations please.  We have to get to the airport by 6:30 am.

I second Holiday Inn (the original).

However, you are departing on an International flight and the Holiday Inn is closer to our domestic terminal. It would be a taxi, or Uber to International at 4:30am-ish. (2 hours preflight 😏) or Hotel shuttle for 6:30am 🤔

Or …… agree with others. I would taxi, Uber or whatever to Rydges at International Airport.

https://www.rydges.com/accommodation/sydney-nsw/sydney-airport/

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

I have just booked an airport hotel for a pre-flight night before we head to the UK next year.

Rydges is significantly dearer than the other airport hotels for our date next June - more than $200 dearer. A lot of extra money to save on a cabfare or shuttle to the airport.

Next door to Holiday Inn is Adina Apartments. Looks to be the best value of the lot, and we have booked there. I can't offer a personal recommendation yet, as we haven't stayed there before.

I’m still considering options for one night precruise in November. I’ve very "price driven" (some may say cheap 😱) but I’m leaning towards the Rendezvous. It will be our 15th wedding anniversary so I'm prepared to pay a little more. We have stayed at the Southern Cross Hotel in the past.
We have an evening Harbour Bridge climb booked and I figure that the Rendezvous will be convenient for both that and the OPT. If we stay out of the CBD it will cost us money and time for transport.

I've noticed that prices tend to go down closer to the time, as long as there’s not high demand caused a special event, long weekend, school holidays, etc. So I'm holding off a bit before I book. This strategy saved me $20 on our Brisbane hotel. Of course, prices could also go up or you could miss out. 🤷‍♂️