What’s going on with MVJ?

SantaFe1

And I have to say, I would be much more upset if I was trying to book shore ex in the next few weeks.  That is always so fraught anyway, and this new wrinkle just makes it worse.  But our excursions are booked for our Thine River cruise, Viking canceled our Pacific Coast Explorer cruise in April, so I don’t have to book any excursions u til July of 2025 for Malta.  

16 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

And I have to say, I would be much more upset if I was trying to book shore ex in the next few weeks.  That is always so fraught anyway, and this new wrinkle just makes it worse.  But our excursions are booked for our Thine River cruise, Viking canceled our Pacific Coast Explorer cruise in April, so I don’t have to book any excursions u til July of 2025 for Malta.  

That would be very stressful. Two weeks ago I was about to book ShoreEx for our China cruise this fall. I was logged in and ready to go, and 15 seconds (yes, 15 seconds) before the noon PST designated time the MVJ system went down. Apparently, no one could get logged in and I ended up calling in to the Viking call center to book my excursions. We got what we wanted, but it was another example of the recent problems Viking has been having with MVJ log-ins.

• Like 1

I logged on a few days ago for booking my excursions, expecting the worst.  I had zero issues logging in, and zero issues booking excursions.  Everything worked fine like it always has.  Maybe things are smoothing out now.

On my other visits to MVJ, I've not had any issues the past few days either.  Guess I'm lucky.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

I logged on a few days ago for booking my excursions, expecting the worst.  I had zero issues logging in, and zero issues booking excursions.  Everything worked fine like it always has.  Maybe things are smoothing out now.

On my other visits to MVJ, I've not had any issues the past few days either.  Guess I'm lucky.

I hope I get to that point.  We are soon booking excursions for our January trip, so since the excursions were posted, we have been perusing the site a couple of times a day.

Maybe I'm just impatient because it's taking me several extra seconds to log in.  😊

On 7/29/2024 at 3:22 PM, millybess said:

Plus, my inbox is full of Viking verification codes, which I don't use.

It sure seems like it would be a simple programming fix to stop sending codes when you use your password to log in.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

It sure seems like it would be a simple programming fix to stop sending codes when you use your password to log in.

Yes, I mentioned that in my feedback.....sigh🥱

I can only get into MVJ if I open a new Incognito window and I have no option for a password, the only option that I have is the email code.

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

I can only get into MVJ if I open a new Incognito window and I have no option for a password, the only option that I have is the email code.

It seems to me that there are many different experiences with MVJ and it's also dependent on device, but even that isn't consistent.  DH's experience is also different from mine and we both have the same account.  We've checked our settings, blah, blah, blah, but it's very inconsistent.

• Like 1

Today I have been able to log on with just my email and there is a choice to use a verification code.  However, Viking is not sending a verification code every time I log in with my email.  Progress!!😊🎂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, millybess said:

Today I have been able to log on with just my email and there is a choice to use a verification code.  However, Viking is not sending a verification code every time I log in with my email.  Progress!!😊🎂

Yay!  I just tried it with password and they didn’t send a verification code.  I guess they actually read our critiques. 

Just now, SantaFe1 said:

Yay!  I just tried it with password and they didn’t send a verification code.  I guess they actually read our critiques. 

I guess they did!  I have a feeling they must have had many complaints which is why they asked for our feedback.  Anyway, I'm glad it's back to normal.  Now I can look forward to going there again.😊🎂

Posted (edited)

Since July 17, I sign into MVJ and can not get past the agreeing to passenger ticket contract. SEE BELOW PHOTO.

I check the box, tap continue, and it just stays on that page. Not successful on iPhone or Mac, which has the most recent OS. Not successful with safari or chrome.

I first notified Viking on July 17. As of August 3, I still can not access my cruises. I can not access my August cruise. I am incredibly frustrated. 

487844A3-209B-4D8B-91B1-55B11AF5E053.jpeg

8BB20803-D114-473C-98B6-2FB0D47ACA7D.jpeg

Edited by PeabodyMa

I assume you have already restarted your devices and/or cleared the browser caches? If so and it still doesn’t work then it is really weird. Both my Mac and iPhone have had no problems (other than the annoying email).

Posted (edited)

@formernuke Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, browser cache cleared and hard boot of devices after each attempt. Upgrading operating systems did not fix the problem. The problem is not on my end. 

Edited by PeabodyMa

1 hour ago, PeabodyMa said:

@formernuke Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, browser cache cleared and hard boot of devices after each attempt. Upgrading operating systems did not fix the problem. The problem is not on my end. 

You might have an incompatible version of the OS. Older iPads have experienced this issue. The “latest” OS is the latest they are capable of running, not the latest available for newer hardware.

@OneSixtyToOne Thank you. My computer and iPhone have the latest operating systems and updates for new hardware.

Viking tried to access my MVJ via browsers as I would, and they experienced the same issue: stuck on the page accepting the passenger ticket contract. 

56 minutes ago, PeabodyMa said:

@OneSixtyToOne Thank you. My computer and iPhone have the latest operating systems and updates for new hardware.

Viking tried to access my MVJ via browsers as I would, and they experienced the same issue: stuck on the page accepting the passenger ticket contract. 

Guess its time for a new iphone!

Can you use a Mac or laptop for the time being or is the phone your only choice for now?

@CCWineLover  Thank you. I’m using new Mac & new laptop already. It’s interesting that Viking encountered the same problem I had when they used a browser to log on to my MVJ and I gave them the verification code that was sent to my e-mail. Can’t get pass the page agreeing to passenger contract. 

Everything was fine on July 16. Then problems began and have continued since July 17.

Yesterday was our opening day for reserving excursions. I was into the MVJ site as the clock struck 3:00 PM using my password. We are in Virginia.) I had absolutely no problem getting in and getting everything we wanted at the hours we wanted. For the time being, I'll stick with using the password.

8 hours ago, PeabodyMa said:

Do you have any adware software running. It might be that something is blocking pop ups. 

@OneSixtyToOne Thank you. That’s a great thought. No adware, no pop ups blocked. I find it most interesting that Viking using browsers outside their system with the code (as I do) cannot access my MVJ. They can, however, access  my MVJ internally. 

I hope Viking finds a solution this week.

13 minutes ago, PeabodyMa said:

@OneSixtyToOne Thank you. That’s a great thought. No adware, no pop ups blocked. I find it most interesting that Viking using browsers outside their system with the code (as I do) cannot access my MVJ. They can, however, access  my MVJ internally. 

I hope Viking finds a solution this week.

If Viking can't access your account from their end (other than internally), then it is possible that the issue is somehow with your account. It's not likely stuff on your devices.

If you have another email, you might want to suggest to Viking that you try creating a new MVJ account with a different email and see how that works. Good luck with resolution! 🍺🥌

• Like 2