Rental Car in Papeete to Moorea Tahitianbigkahuna

Hi 

Looking for some Help..

Wondering if it makes sense to Rent a car in Pepeete  when we first get off our cruise.. 

We are planning to take the ferry to Moorea for 2 days the same day as we disembark our cruise.. We have a hotel booked over on Cook's Bay.

We'd like to travel around the island and explore, either by ourselves or by tour company.

Then on the third day take the Ferry back to Papeete,,

We have a hotel booked but our flight leaves late the next day .. Hoping to see a little of Tahiti before we fly.

Is renting a car our best option?  How much does it cost to take a car on the ferry? do I need reservations? 

I read that a taxi from the ferry to the hotel could be $60 one way.. that would almost cover the cost of the Rental..

Thanks 

Colleen

14 hours ago, got2gocruzn said:

Hi 

Looking for some Help..

Wondering if it makes sense to Rent a car in Pepeete  when we first get off our cruise.. 

We are planning to take the ferry to Moorea for 2 days the same day as we disembark our cruise.. We have a hotel booked over on Cook's Bay.

We'd like to travel around the island and explore, either by ourselves or by tour company.

Then on the third day take the Ferry back to Papeete,,

We have a hotel booked but our flight leaves late the next day .. Hoping to see a little of Tahiti before we fly.

Is renting a car our best option?  How much does it cost to take a car on the ferry? do I need reservations? 

I read that a taxi from the ferry to the hotel could be $60 one way.. that would almost cover the cost of the Rental..

Thanks 

Colleen

Where are you staying post Moorea in Tahiti?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Where are you staying post Moorea in Tahiti?

We're still looking ,, we have Residence Moorea Sunset Beach and Linareva Moorea Beach Resort tentatively booked ,, Staying just 2 Nights Nov 6 and 7, back to Papeete for 8th at Te Moana Tahiti Resort,, flying later on Nov9th.. Wondering if we should look more at Hotels around Cook's Bay? .. We'd like an OWB but just can't Justify the Cost as we want to get out an explore the Island .. Thanks for any Guidance

Colleen    

Edited by got2gocruzn

2 minutes ago, got2gocruzn said:

We're still looking ,, we have Residence Moorea Sunset Beach and Linareva Moorea Beach Resort tentatively booked ,, Staying just 2 Nights Nov 6 and 7, back to Papeete for 8th flying later on Nov9th.. Wondering if we should look more at Hotels around Cook's Bay? .. We'd like an OWB but just can't Justify the Cost as we want to get out an explore the Island .. Thanks for any Guidance

Colleen    

If your going to want to snorkel Cook's Bay does have some stone fish you need to be careful of ... not many but that is the location on the island where they are most active. Personally I would look at https://www.hoteltipaniers.com/ or https://mooreaislandbeach.com/

Personally I would just hop on the ferry and rent a car once you get off in Moorea. Closest will be Avis ... right across the street. Hertz/Thrifty are close by and may pick you up from the ferry if you pre-arrange. Then drop the car off when you leave Moorea. Once you have picked your hotel for thwe 8th I can better help on a car for Tahiti.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

If your going to want to snorkel Cook's Bay does have some stone fish you need to be careful of ... not many but that is the location on the island where they are most active. Personally I would look at https://www.hoteltipaniers.com/ or https://mooreaislandbeach.com/

Personally I would just hop on the ferry and rent a car once you get off in Moorea. Closest will be Avis ... right across the street. Hertz/Thrifty are close by and may pick you up from the ferry if you pre-arrange. Then drop the car off when you leave Moorea. Once you have picked your hotel for thwe 8th I can better help on a car for Tahiti.

thanks so much 

Papeete for 8th at Te Moana Tahiti Resort,, flying later on Nov9th..

47 minutes ago, got2gocruzn said:

thanks so much 

Papeete for 8th at Te Moana Tahiti Resort,, flying later on Nov9th..

When you get off the ferry in Tahiti have a taxi take you to Avis ... about 1/4 mile away. Rent there and set it up to return to the airport the following evening. 

I would definitely rent a car and take the ferry to Moorea. You will need your car to get around Moorea. The hotel with the over water bungalows looks fabulous on Moorea if we ever went back that is where we would stay. You can see the whole island in two days as it isn't very big.