Question about NCL Bus transport from Anchorage Airport to Seward

Good morning all.  We are three weeks away from our first Alaskan cruise and I have a quick question.

We are arriving in Anchorage on 8/11 the day before our cruise is scheduled to leave and we purchased ground transportation from the airport to Seward.  I was told to "arrive at the airport" on 8/12 to catch the bus down to Seward but was wondering if those who have done this could let me know if there are multiple busses and/or what time should I get to the airport to get the bus.  Thanks for any information you can provide!

Posted (edited)

There are NCL reps near the baggage claim area to greet the passengers as they arrive. They have a list of people who have purchased transfers. From there you will be directed to the bus or a waiting area.

Edited by bonvoyagie
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I would highly recommend canceling the bus and taking the 6:00 a.m train if it is not sold out. It is well worth it.  (Train might be at 6:30 a.m.) There is only 1 morning train. 

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

I did the bus a few years ago, but I booked independently and they stopped by my hotel to pick me up.  I waited where I was instructed and it was all nice an easy.  I liked the bus for the large windows for the view on the trip.

2 hours ago, zqvol said:

I would highly recommend canceling the bus and taking the 6:00 a.m train if it is not sold out. It is well worth it.  (Train might be at 6:30 a.m.) There is only 1 morning train. 

This.

The train trip is very good and comfortable.  We did the train trip, from Seward to Anchorage (after disembarking at Seward, and took a Knai fjord cruise tour).

Thanks for your help everyone.  The train from Anchorage to Seward has been sold out for awhile now as I looked prior to my final payment was due otherwise we would have been all over that.  We'll get our train-fix in doing the Skagway excursion as I heard that is quite the long train ride...

15 minutes ago, Southern Dan said:

Thanks for your help everyone.  The train from Anchorage to Seward has been sold out for awhile now as I looked prior to my final payment was due otherwise we would have been all over that.  We'll get our train-fix in doing the Skagway excursion as I heard that is quite the long train ride...

Enjoy the train in Skagway. The distance is not long, but the excursion is(assuming you do the 8 hour one)

2 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

Have you looked into the NCL train? it leaves around 1pm from the airport. It's an excursion, so any FAS or latitudes discounts apply. They don't post it to book until day 50, so you might check to see if it's available.

I've not taken the bus from Anchorage so can't give you much help on that one - I took the Alaska train the day before.

We did the train, probably the best train journey I've ever done. We had seats A1 and A2 in the observation coach, we did book it nearly a year in advance!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

Yeah, it is the long one...8 hours is a lot of train hahaha

The train is only a couple of hours each way, so it’s not bad. You will have time in Canada to do some other things. It is well worth the time and cost. 

Edited by zqvol
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

Yeah, it is the long one...8 hours is a lot of train hahaha

I don’t know if you read about the landslide yesterday(7/23) in the Skagway area. Good idea to follow up on that and have a backup plan in case they can’t get it cleared. Best of luck!