Onward cancellations in April 2025?

Cruiser Craig

Although we haven't received any notice so far, at least one member on one of the Onward Roll Calls has reported receiving a notice of cancellation regarding the Ancient Trade Routes cruise in April 2025.  We are booked on the following sailing.  Given the political situation in the region, this news isn't AT ALL surprising, but it is disappointing.  On the other hand, fortunately the cancellation action is being taken several months in advance so everyone can make alternate plans.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cruiser Craig said:

Although we haven't received any notice so far, at least one member on one of the Onward Roll Calls has reported receiving a notice of cancellation regarding the Ancient Trade Routes cruise in April 2025.  We are booked on the following sailing.  Given the political situation in the region, this news isn't AT ALL surprising, but it is disappointing.  On the other hand, fortunately the cancellation action is being taken several months in advance so everyone can make alternate plans.

Do you think that it might be because you have Israel ports on this cruise.  We are booked on the Ancient Trade Routes cruise on Pursuit in June.  No ports in Israel so it will be interesting to see what happens.  My thoughts are that we will be good to go.

34 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

Do you think that it might be because you have Israel ports on this cruise.  We are booked on the Ancient Trade Routes cruise on Pursuit in June.  No ports in Israel so it will be interesting to see what happens.  My thoughts are that we will be good to go.

Don’t think it’s just Israel ports. It’s also the issue of the Houthi in Yemen who have attacked ships  coming through the Red Sea.

• Like 1

Not just because of the Israeli ports in my opinion.  I never expected we would call there in any case.  I wonder if it's not more the situation with shipping being attacked by Yemen in the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea ( let alone the fact that the Panama Canal is on an 'avoid all non-essential travel' watchlist in Canada ).  Hopefully, if peace comes to the region soon, your Pursuit cruise will go full steam ahead.  We considered moving our booking to then, but Egypt in June is just too hot for us.  Hopefully you will be good to go.  Good luck!

That cruise is part of the world cruise, so they must be doing something else.   Can someone post the whole email telling you that that particular segment was cancelled?  Any hint of what they are doing?     Not a word about it on the 2025 World cruise CC page !