debarking

On 7/27/2024 at 7:21 AM, iria64 said:

we did Galveston earlier this year.  I don't recall any place where you would even stop to declare any alcohol purchased.  You just follow the throngs of people, do a facial scan, and you are out of there.

I haven't seen the TABC table the past few cruises I've been on. They might be setting it up in a quiet out of the way corner somewhere since they know most people with alcohol aren't declaring it anyway. 

On 8/7/2024 at 6:06 PM, Rudyard said:

I haven't seen the TABC table the past few cruises I've been on. They might be setting it up in a quiet out of the way corner somewhere since they know most people with alcohol aren't declaring it anyway. 

The TABC was set up in Galveston when we returned in Jan 2024.

3 hours ago, Softservekid1 said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to buy liquor and bring it back to the USA. I think it wouldn't be worth the hassle. You can find anything here already.

Except for a very rare liquor not available in the US, I agree.  Too much hassle (and risk of breakage) to save a few dollars.  Just my never humble opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Except for a very rare liquor not available in the US, I agree.  Too much hassle (and risk of breakage) to save a few dollars.  Just my never humble opinion.

Now if I could find a bottle of Blantons, Pappy's, Cigar Blend, Birthday Burbon, Coy Hill, etc.😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Softservekid1 said:

Now if I could find a bottle of Blantons, Pappy's, Cigar Blend, Birthday Burbon, Coy Hill, etc.😁

I was thinking of a Mt Gay Rum that as not made for export and which could be bought only in Bermuda.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, crusin okie said:

The TABC was set up in Galveston when we returned in Jan 2024.

Wasn't there in late January. We were looking for it because I didn't see them in Sept either 

22 hours ago, Softservekid1 said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to buy liquor and bring it back to the USA. I think it wouldn't be worth the hassle. You can find anything here already.

I agree, it would need to be something I couldn't easily find or acquire at home. I have yet to really find anything vastly cheaper to make it worth the trouble of lugging it home as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nc762shooter said:

I agree, it would need to be something I couldn't easily find or acquire at home. I have yet to really find anything vastly cheaper to make it worth the trouble of lugging it home as well.

you like the .308?