Amsterdam theme park

There is no theme park that close to central Amsterdam. By far the best and most popular theme park of the Netherlands is the Efteling. It’s located in the south of the country in Kaatsheuvel and it’s at least a 75 minute drive from the Rijksmuseum, depending on the traffic conditions. 

Expecting a theme park within 5 minutes from the Rijksmuseum address, err.. that's a new one. :classic_huh:

I am sure you are not wanting to insult Amsterdam, a city that is centuries old and even an UNESCO site but the ignorant expectation if I may say is a bit insensitive towards our heritage.. 
Also for your own safety and comfort I would recommend not trying this question on the streets in Amsterdam, it will attract unwanted attention to you. I can't really tell or feel the vibe I am feeling with your posts but going by your username and I assume birth year (1992) I do hope you can "read" your surroundings, be informed and stay safe.

I do hope you find something of your liking, other Dutch posters have given good suggestions.

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2024 at 8:16 PM, Klinkschakel said:

Madurodam, holland miniature style in the Hague. 50 minutes.

I remember going to the Madurodam with my parents on my first trip to the Netherlands. That'd be around 1961. Went back a second time in the mid 1970s when my wife and I spent a couple of weeks holiday in the country. 

Edited by Harters