Immigration Procedures UK port to Iceland port

Does anyone know if there is any sort of face to face immigration that take place when a cruise arrives Iceland (specifically Djupivogur) from the UK (specifically Lerwick, Shetland Islands)?

I'm trying to plan for a shore excursion and want to be sure that we aren't likely to be held up by a back up of people needing to see immigration officers before we can tender to shore.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that there is no special immigration procedure in *that* direction (entering Iceland).  The only special face-to-face immigration we encountered was upon a cruise's *first* entry to the UK, see the longer story below.  We were on B2B cruises this past summer.

Cruise #1 started in Iceland.  The first day we got to Scotland, there was the mandatory UK face-to-face immigration in the theater the first morning.  We received a paper in our stateroom a few nights before asking us about our plans (cruise tour, independent tour, etc.) and desired time off the ship.  We were assigned times accordingly.  Very smooth process.

Cruise #2 started in Amsterdam (EU).  Again, stopped in Scotland, and had to repeat the mandatory UK face-to-face immigration upon entering the UK for the first time.  The agents did not board the ship as early, and everyone had to wait awhile in the theater/things got pretty backed up.  We were on a ship's tour that day so we were in the first batch, but still left later than the stated time.  We continued on to Iceland, where there were no special immigration procedures.  We spent a week in Iceland, and then stopped in the UK again on the way back to Amsterdam.  No further immigration since this cruise had already stopped in the UK--it was only on first entry *to* the UK from either Iceland or EU.

• Thanks 1

We have never had checks in Iceland.

The only check at a European port was Warnemunde on a Baltics cruise and all passports were checked and stamped by German authorities.

We sailed into Iceland three times and never had any kind of immigration check. I've asked about it in Seydisfjordur and Iceland and received odd looks from the visitor info desk operators who seem shocked that I would even ask the question (I'm a keen collector of passport stamps).

So no, it is extremely unlikely that you will have to go through immigration unless you are travelling after the roll-out of ETIAS throughout the EU. When that happens, all bets are off.

https://www.journeyintodarkness.co.uk/category/iceland