Supper Club on Valor

vesw01

I know there is a $30 pp cost, which fine...we are thinking of doing it just for a change, but I was wondering.....

Is this the same as in the dining room, where you can order as much as you want off the menu or is it "one steak per guest :)?"

I know there is a $30 pp cost, which fine...we are thinking of doing it just for a change, but I was wondering.....

Is this the same as in the dining room, where you can order as much as you want off the menu or is it "one steak per guest :)?"

No, only one Entree, you ask for another side order. I had the Yukon Mash Potatos and they were very creamy but she only poured one scoop, when I asked for another scoop she said "Another scoop" as if I was asking for way too much, my waitress wasnt too happy that night.

Do you suggest going there? We were thinking of going on a sea day - since we have two back to back, to try to break it up a little. When do you suggest to make the reservations? I read that you have problems w/ the CVC but we aren't a part of that..where should we head to to make the reservations?

Do you suggest going there? We were thinking of going on a sea day - since we have two back to back, to try to break it up a little. When do you suggest to make the reservations? I read that you have problems w/ the CVC but we aren't a part of that..where should we head to to make the reservations?

You will see a cafe, on the 5th Deck, in between this Cafe and the Carnival Vacation Club desk, there are elevators, take these up to the 10th deck, there you will see Scarletts, go there and make your reservations.

We did not get on board until about 2:30pm on Sunday. they had a desk set up in the lobby (on the ship) taking reservations. You can look at the menu at that time. We chose Tuesday since the regular dining menu was not that hot. We did not have any trouble making a reservation, although, most of the tables were full when went.

Going directly to the SUpper CLub you can pick out your own table. Phoning or seeing the hostess in the atrium you get whats available.

For the Supepr CLub you only get one entree...You wont need another as the portions are bigger in the supper club then in the Dining room.

And it depends on the server if you can have two appetizers. both times we used the Supper Club on two ships we were denied.. where I know other people could get the Onion soup AND the crab cake.

Supper clubs hold 100 people each night startinga t 6pm and taking the last one at 10.

On the Liberty--all reservations were gone on the first day by 3pm

On the Miracle- other then the Captain and the pursers crew we were the only ones dining on a Thursday at 7pm

I'll be on the valor on May 7th and we are planning on booking Scarlett's when we get on the ship. I'm still waiting for Fred to post the menu on here ... hint hint lol... Fred you have been wonderful as I said before with your postings and pictures throughout your trip I cant wait to go :)

This is a menu as of February- there is another 9 course one that offeres stuff like frogs legs.. You cant interchanged the menu-- you state which menu you want to order from. I dont know the cost of the 9 course dinner

Supper club Menu

STARTERS

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, wrapped iin rice paper and

classic Bourguignone

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced raw beef tenderloins with shaved parmesan cheese

marinated Mache Lettuce

SHUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tune, Salmon, Shrim and Unagi with Pickled ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

1oz of Suvruga Cavier with tradional condiments and buckwheat blinis

an Extra $29.00 charge will apply

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal black tiger prawns with american cockatail sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE

on Roasted pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC

Fleuron & Fresh cream

BAKED ONION SOUP "LES HALLES"

a parisian Classic

SALADS

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, traditionally prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

with blue cheese , warm bacon dressing

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, radicchio, tomato wedges, Purple onion rings and watercress

Choice of House, Ranch, or bleu cheese dressing

SIDE DISHES

Baked Potato with trimmings

Sauteed medley of fresh mushroomsYukon old mash with Wasabi Harseradish

Spaghetti with fresh tomoato sauce

Grilled fresh vegetables in season

Creamed Spinach with garlic

ENTREES

BROILED NEW YORK STRIP LOIN STEAK

14oz of the favorite cut for steak connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTER HOUSE STEAK

24oz of the best from both worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9ox for the true Gourmet

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Lobster Nage-braised sea bass over young spinac and mango salad

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

served with drawn butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

with blackberry port wine reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

double cut lamb chops

served on five-bean cassoulet and rosemary jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

center cut from the highest greade milk fed veal

SAUCES AVAILABLE

three-peppercorn sauce

wild mushroom sauce

sauce bearnaise.

CITRUS CHEESECAKE WITH HAZELNUT BUSCUIT

Burnt basmati and Mango Ravioli with almosd and marcarpose jam

WASHINGTON APPLE TARTE TARTIN

served with chocolate and leon balm salad

CHOCOLATE TARTE WITH BITER CHOCOLATE PATE

rasberry & pineapple croquant, tiramisu notre facon

FRESH FRUITS

assembly of tropical fruits and berries in seasonserved with homemade sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL

What is the dress code for Scarlett's? We are thinking of going there.ThanksToni

formal nights its formal-- theother nights is dressy casual. no jacket is required on those nights.

We ate there recently. Trust me, you will have no room to even *think* about ordering more food. They really load you down, portions are big, and there are a lot more courses than in the main dining room. The menu is totally different, and the ambience is totally upscale. Nothing at all like the main dining room.

Go and enjoy.

You know a dinner is wonderful when you are compelled to take a picture of it!! This was one of the desserts . I don't remember what it was called.

The whole dinner was wonderful, my favorite was the lobster bisque and you can have the lobster tail and the filet mignon.

dessert.jpg.e8da47ce32cc869796efec7d6e4d20ea.jpg

This is what we had:

Citrus Cheesecake with Hazelnut Biscuit

Brunt Basmati and Mango Ravioli with Almond and Mascarpone Jam

IMG_8168_800x533.jpg

Chocolate Tarte with Bitter Chocolate Pate

Rasberry and Pineapple Croquant, Tiramisu Notre Facon

IMG_8167_800x533.jpg

What did you think of the hazelnut cheesecake.?

I had that on my first supper club-- and it was not what I was expecting and thought it horrible. (problably because I expected "cheesecake".

Now that choc whatever it was---- amazing and is enough dessert for a small country.

What did you think of the hazelnut cheesecake.?

I had that on my first supper club-- and it was not what I was expecting and thought it horrible. (problably because I expected "cheesecake".

Now that choc whatever it was---- amazing and is enough dessert for a small country.

The Citrus Cheesecake wasnt all that, I should of had what Wendy had, she was in heaven. I have had better New York Cheesecake elsewhere.

Fred

well Fred-- it isnt advertised as New York style cheese cake and i think that is what most people are expecting when they order the hazel nut cheese cake.

Yes, you should have had what Wendy did- and you will the next time coz I surely did.

We ate at Scarlettes Sunday night after we boarded since it was my brothers and sister in laws wedding. IMO it was the best night to do it because there was no one in there what so ever, just our table of 8, and it was amazing service. They had all the waitresses bring out our food together, they stood behind our tables and just cattered to our every needs. The filet mignon just melts in your mouth.. lol I got a picture of 2 of the meals too.. I got the pictures of the Filet mignon, and the Chicken!

We ate at Scarlettes Sunday night after we boarded since it was my brothers and sister in laws wedding. IMO it was the best night to do it because there was no one in there what so ever, just our table of 8, and it was amazing service. They had all the waitresses bring out our food together, they stood behind our tables and just cattered to our every needs. The filet mignon just melts in your mouth.. lol I got a picture of 2 of the meals too.. I got the pictures of the Filet mignon, and the Chicken!

Service is like that also when the tables are full. THe reservations are staggered so no one feels the service is sucky. We waited for nothing. THe wait staff was there for everything--there was no huge waits between courses.

Archived