Sydney excursions

I’m wondering what would be better to go to on an excursion fort louisbourg, gaelic museum or alexander bell museum. I’m booked on an independent excursion that goes to gaelic museum and alexander bell but i feel like the hour at gaelic museum isn’t enough time, although 11/2 hour at alexander bell. There is a tour that spends 2 hours at louisbourg and i wonder if thats better.

I feel like hearing from people who have taken the excursions could help. In some cases on this board, people have been to multiple places and can compare them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, we took the Fortress Louisbourg excursion (Princess cruise) and really enjoyed it, actually wished it could have been longer.  The staff were all in character and awesome, and we learned a lot about the hidden history of families of colour and also businesswomen of the era that we didn't know.  We kind of ran from building to building during our limited free time and like I said, would have liked to explore more in depth.

We haven't taken the other tours you mentioned, not even sure if they were on offer this past fall as they don't sound familiar.

Just our two cents. 😎

• Like 2

I have done the Fortress Louisbourg National Historic Site independently twice . . . once solo and one with my hubby.  I enjoyed both visits.  The restoration work and character docents really add to the visit.  I would recommend this excursion to anyone who likes this sort of thing. (Think of it like a smaller version of Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia, as an example.)

20170924_165056_Burst01.jpg

20170924_164756_Burst01.jpg

20170924_163311.jpg

• Like 1