Dining Packages

My sailing on the Independence next year is currently offering only 3-night and unlimited packages.  Does RC offer 5-night dining packages on its 7 night sailings?  

What is a "good" price for a 3-night dining package?  Current offer is for $105 + gratuity.   

10 minutes ago, avatexrs said:

My sailing on the Independence next year is currently offering only 3-night and unlimited packages.  Does RC offer 5-night dining packages on its 7 night sailings?  

What is a "good" price for a 3-night dining package?  Current offer is for $105 + gratuity.   

No 5 nights, only 3 night and unlimited. That price is not bad. We have a sailing on Jewel next year as well. The smaller ships will have lower dinner package packages as they have fewer options. One option when you see a price like this is to book it and they check in on a regular bases. we do it about once a week and if the price drops you can cancel you first reservation and book a second on. They will refund your original purchase and recharge you. We do that with overall cruise price a well. We always book directly anymore but even if you use a TA you can get the lower price. Have a good cruise we sailed Independence once and she is a very nice ship. 

2 hours ago, avatexrs said:

41.66 pp per meal. That is a excellent price.  Just be aware there are only 2 Specialty's that you can go to without a up charge on Indy.  I would have no problem trying Giovannis twice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

41.66 pp per meal. That is a excellent price.  Just be aware there are only 2 Specialty's that you can go to without a up charge on Indy.  I would have no problem trying Giovannis twice. 

Independence has Izumi, Chops, and Giovanni's Table.  Only Hibachi/Izumi has an upcharge.  "Regular" Izumi does not.  So, three restaurants.

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

It's interesting to me how people's attitudes toward paying extra for food on a cruise have changed. 

As the standard food has declined....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

As the standard food has declined....

Exactly. The food in the main dining room on my last cruise was barely edible. 

The cruise I booked for 2025 cost only about 10% more my first cruise in 1989, when there was no specialty dining (and no need for any).

On my last cruise in 2018, I think Chops was around $30 per night, including gratuities, and considered a surcharge. Now it’s more than double that with the mandatory 18% gratuities added in.  

I’m not complaining - I think the concept of low fares and pay more for what you really want makes a lot sense to me. 

5 hours ago, avatexrs said:

Exactly. The food in the main dining room on my last cruise was barely edible. 

The cruise I booked for 2025 cost only about 10% more my first cruise in 1989, when there was no specialty dining (and no need for any).

On my last cruise in 2018, I think Chops was around $30 per night, including gratuities, and considered a surcharge. Now it’s more than double that with the mandatory 18% gratuities added in.  

I’m not complaining - I think the concept of low fares and pay more for what you really want makes a lot sense to me. 

Specifically dinning options will go up based on their own cost of the elements going up. To maintain the quality that we want the price of those elements go up for Royal and like every business in every industry they will need to pass that on as an increase in price. The price/value equasion is always something that all businesses deal with and it is different for each person. Your price/value decision will be different than mine or any one else, its always in individual decision and no one can tell you what is right for you specifically.