Show Me Your Favorite Cunard Picture

napria

22 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I like the wonderful picture underneath your name.

It was taken from a Red Funnel ferry just leaving for IoW. Light was fading, and I just took a picture with my iphone. No effects.

It was 16:28 on 10 December 2022 and about 6 weeks after we'd been on a WB crossing on her

I like to think the "rule of thirds" also helps

image.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

It was taken from a Red Funnel ferry just leaving for IoW. Light was fading, and I just took a picture with my iphone. No effects.

It was 16:28 on 10 December 2022 and about 6 weeks after we'd been on a WB crossing on her

I like to think the "rule of thirds" also helps

image.jpeg

I don't think I could have taken a better photo if I tried. It was dimmer than it looks hence some fuzziness and the lights standing out. Be nice not to have the grubby Red Funnel ferry window streaks in shot though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

I don't think I could have taken a better photo if I tried. It was dimmer than it looks hence some fuzziness and the lights standing out. Be nice not to have the grubby Red Funnel ferry window streaks in shot though

They just add atmosphere!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Yes it's free if you bring your own brushes paints and pad. Otherwise you have to buy the full kit. Last year it was $35.

Thank you! I'll dust mine off and pack them!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

Thought that might have been the crossing we were on... but we arrived in thick fog

Looked like the Arrival after our New England/Canada via Quebec in October. If so, thank you Kathy! Didn't get up in time.

Edited by BklynBoy8

8 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Looked like the Arrival after our New England/Canada via Quebec in October. If so, thank you Kathy! Didn't get up in time.

Yes, that was the cruise. Having sailed into NYC so many times, I think no, been there, seen that, I'll just sleep. But the change in speed when we pick up the pilot will wake me. I'll lie in bed, trying to decide if I will get up. Then I see the bridge and know I've got about 10 minutes to the Lady, and I throw on my clothes (no wardrobe decisions on the last morning!) and run up on deck for the views.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Yes, that was the cruise. Having sailed into NYC so many times, I think no, been there, seen that, I'll just sleep. But the change in speed when we pick up the pilot will wake me. I'll lie in bed, trying to decide if I will get up. Then I see the bridge and know I've got about 10 minutes to the Lady, and I throw on my clothes (no wardrobe decisions on the last morning!) and run up on deck for the views.  

I use to when younger, you know what I mean, so now from the balcony in the room.

BTW.....how r u doing with Debby coming up your way? We are gearing up..

Edited by BklynBoy8

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I use to when younger, you know what I mean, so now from the balcony in the room.

I know the question wasn’t for me, but Debby is just sitting on top of us, and has been since last night.  Being in the Low Country is wonderful… most days.

I asked for pictures to get me excited for my trip in 50 days (just checked my countdown 😁), but what if we have one of Debby’s sisters or brothers come visit when we’re leaving for Quebec? 🥺

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

At this point, I'm mainly watching the weather reports to see the path and when it will likely be here. Flooding isn't an issue. I'm on high ground the and yard is landscaped to keep water away from the foundation. The big issue is wires down and losing power. I mean no disrespect to Texas, but I was kind of hoping it would cross the gulf and make landfall there. Then the headlines would be "Debby Does Dallas!"

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, napria said:

I know the question wasn’t for me, but Debby is just sitting on top of us, and has been since last night.  Being in the Low Country is wonderful… most days.

I asked for pictures to get me excited for my trip in 50 days (just checked my countdown 😁), but what if we have one of Debby’s sisters or brothers come visit when we’re leaving for Quebec? 🥺

Well, there isn't a lot you can do about flights. Beyond that, Cunard will take care of you, choosing the safest route, which might mean lingering in the St Lawrence longer. Ports might be changed or skipped. 

The cruise Eddie and I are talking about was right after Fiona made it all the way to Maritime Canada, with heavy rains and strong winds. We weren't in the storm, but we had a lot of cloudy weather, and we missed Sydney because they were still without power on the day we would have called there. The last thing they needed was a few thousand extra people underfoot!

The first was taken when we were turning at the northern coast of Nova Scotia, entering the St. Lawrence. The second is some of the damage in Halifax a week or so later.

L1990379.JPG

L2000285.JPG

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Well, there isn't a lot you can do about flights. Beyond that, Cunard will take care of you, choosing the safest route, which might mean lingering in the St Lawrence longer. Ports might be changed or skipped. 

The cruise Eddie and I are talking about was right after Fiona made it all the way to Maritime Canada, with heavy rains and strong winds. We weren't in the storm, but we had a lot of cloudy weather, and we missed Sydney because they were still without power on the day we would have called there. The last thing they needed was a few thousand extra people underfoot!

Yes, I’m much more concerned about getting to Quebec City than if there’s a hurricane once we’re on the ship.  It’s going to be our first cruise since 2019, and I’m very much looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, napria said:

Take care. My sister and family are in Hilton Head Island and bunkered down. We’ll be getting some action up here in Southern New England. 
Cunard ships are safe in a storm if you’re worried, especially QM2. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, napria said:

Napria,

We had Fiona ahead of us and lost Sydney as a Port of Call since we were ask to bypass due to their recovery stage in progress. Also in Sept Iles we had quite a bit of winds we experienced.

In Boston, we had rain and stayed on the ship too wet.

But Quebec was glorious! Don't think about it weather just enjoy!

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

At this point, I'm mainly watching the weather reports to see the path and when it will likely be here. Flooding isn't an issue. I'm on high ground the and yard is landscaped to keep water away from the foundation. The big issue is wires down and losing power. I mean no disrespect to Texas, but I was kind of hoping it would cross the gulf and make landfall there. Then the headlines would be "Debby Does Dallas!"

We actually came there once after one of the hurricanes and the restaurants told us about loss of power the week before. Also we still heard the buzz of saws during our stay especially around the more tree lined streets.