S Class Ships Quiet Lounger in the Shade

chamima

We have been sailing with Princess and Celebrity for many years.

One advantage that Princess has always had for me was that we could always find a couple of lounge chairs away from the crowds in the shade. There are lots of nooks and crannies with just a few loungers.

All of Celebrity's loungers seem to be in rows of many people.

My question is - have i missed some nice quiet place to relax on the S class ships? (Especially now that there are reports that the reclining chairs on the balconies will be removed)

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, chamima said:

One advantage that Princess has always had for me was that we could always find a couple of lounge chairs away from the crowds in the shade. There are lots of nooks and crannies with just a few loungers.

My question is - have i missed some nice quiet place to relax on the S class ships? (Especially now that there are reports that the reclining chairs on the balconies will be removed)

Thanks in advance.

Like with Princess,very limited and you will need to look for those couple of loungers away from the crowds and in the shade. I find the lounger layout is no different on Princess ships than on Celebrity's ships. Rows. IMO, your odds are better at finding them on the decks above the pool and early in the day. When you first board the ship do some exploring. No guarantee what you find on that day will be what you find on the next day. Also checkout the solarium. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thanks in advance.

If you are on Eclipse, Reflection or Solstice then there is the Solstice deck. Fairly sure it is deck 16. This became the Suite deck on Equinox and part of the Suite deck on Silhouette. You need to be mobile to access as I am fairly sure it is stair access only. It is quite a large area at the front and part way down the side so not so much ‘nooks and crannies’ but definitely an area that can be missed by many. One side or other usually has shade…

A favourite place of ours to relax indoors has always been the Observation Lounge. Almost empty during the day, a lovely place with comfortable furniture to look out from with air conditioning over a sea or port view…

We are on Reflection next year and I am contemplating a Cabana for the first time on sea days as I am certainly past being first up to secure a good seat! Perhaps this could be an alternative option for you?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chemmo said:

If you are on Eclipse, Reflection or Solstice then there is the Solstice deck. Fairly sure it is deck 16. This became the Suite deck on Equinox and part of the Suite deck on Silhouette. You need to be mobile to access as I am fairly sure it is stair access only. It is quite a large area at the front and part way down the side so not so much ‘nooks and crannies’ but definitely an area that can be missed by many. One side or other usually has shade…

A favourite place of ours to relax indoors has always been the Observation Lounge. Almost empty during the day, a lovely place with comfortable furniture to look out from with air conditioning over a sea or port view…

We are on Reflection next year and I am contemplating a Cabana for the first time on sea days as I am certainly past being first up to secure a good seat! Perhaps this could be an alternative option for you?

@chemmo - Thanks. We must have cruised with Celebrity at least 20 times and I've never looked up there because i always thought it would be in full sun!  I'll check out the sides on our next cruise (will be on the Eclipse - so no Retreat)

One of the real bonuses of the newer Princess ships is the Adult only pool area without the music/entertainment team tripe etc. We have found a quiet area adjacent to the Lawn Club. My wife sticks to the balcony usually ….. Not lovers of the sardine tin lounge chair experience on cruise ships generally. Love them otherwise.