LIVE from the Scarlet Lady 8/4-8/11

Posted (edited)

Other roof toppers are coming down because of the rain. Met two ladies from the Ukraine living in Nee Jersey. They said a small town. I didn’t ask the exit. Cough @Jamman54 & @Funsince1983  very broken English. We are still awaiting bar service. 
they did say they love Miami. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

So downstairs bar is closed for the “season” when rooftop is open. 🙄 I came back up top. It’s sprinkling. I’m having a glass of sparkling and going to bed IF I can get service. I’ll tell you right now, say what you will about tipping and minimum wage and all that jazz. I think servers are under paid in the US. However… sometimes in Europe… without tip culture… you can’t get anything. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So downstairs bar is closed for the “season” when rooftop is open. 🙄 I came back up top. It’s sprinkling. I’m having a glass of sparkling and going to bed IF I can get service. I’ll tell you right now, say what you will about tipping and minimum wage and all that jazz. I think servers are under paid in the US. However… sometimes in Europe… without tip culture… you can’t get anything. 

You would think that they would put a sign on the Lobby Bar directing everyone up to the Rooftop Bar! sid would be having a fit! :classic_biggrin: 

• Haha 22

So the Ukraine girls. I don’t know their domestic situation, but I feel like talking to them they think I’m hitting on them or something. I’ve never quite got the Russian/far Asian temperament right. 
PS my tip has got me nuts lol and a freshly cleaned after the rain seat cushion. 
and look who awoke from the dead!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 17

14 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

You would think that they would put a sign on the Lobby Bar directing everyone up to the Rooftop Bar! sid would be having a fit! :classic_biggrin: 

Thats it. I’m throwing chairs. 😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 23

43 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So the Ukraine girls. I don’t know their domestic situation, but I feel like talking to them they think I’m hitting on them or something. I’ve never quite got the Russian/far Asian temperament right. 
PS my tip has got me nuts lol and a freshly cleaned after the rain seat cushion. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think Mr. Megan is sleepwalking! 😃

• Haha 13

41 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

My new “tipped well” bartender wants me to try this. 

image.jpg

While you are enjoying your new level of service, just let them know anymore service lapses and you will P on a bush.  For reals!!  #againandthistimeit'spersonal

• Like 1
  • Haha 20

Looks like a great first day in Barcelona! I really like the looks of that hotel, its been added to the short list of hotels to look at when we go there next August.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Lots of Ukrainian crew on the ship, all wonderful, hard working, kind people.

Don't be afraid.

For years I always wondered why I got along with the Ukrainian crew members whenever we cruised. My grandfather always told us that he was from Russia. Well thanks to the internet, I now know he was from Odessa, which was considered part of Russia when he was born in 1895.

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_5969.JPG

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_6051.JPG

6dfc18e5-f4af-4756-b0e6-39463b1366fc 2.JPG

• Like 10