LIVE from the Scarlet Lady 8/4-8/11

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So birth on one side. Death on the other. 

image.jpg

I believe the idea for the Star Wars costumes came from the people in the photo above. 

I didn’t think about the church not having a/c and being hot in summer. We toured in April and it was rather cool. I purchased timed tickets directly from the website prior to our trip and we did the audio tour provided at the cathedral. I did mess up and did not purchase the tickets that included going to the very top of the tower via the elevator, and they were sold out the day of our visit, so we just have to return. 

I so agree about the Instagram photo shoots. We saw so many of those and it’s frustrating when you just want a souvenir photo of a spot, but these influencers are spending 20 minutes there trying for the perfect shot!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

There’s a line to get in Louis Vuitton. Hard pass. 

image.jpg

There are outlets near Florence, Italy. You take a bus from the Florence train station. I know people who go to Florence just for the designer outlets. I have not checked them out yet, but hear they are amazing. And, you get the VAT back when you depart the country. 

• Like 1

How are you accessing the internet in Europe? We do the AT&T day pass, but I wondered if there is a better alternative. Thanks so much for taking the time to do the review. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pcrum said:

How are you accessing the internet in Europe? We do the AT&T day pass, but I wondered if there is a better alternative. Thanks so much for taking the time to do the review. 

We have Verizon and our plan gives us 1 free international day a month. I bank them. However with our cruise in December, I’m going to probably just pay the $10 for 24 hours. 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, pcrum said:

I believe the idea for the Star Wars costumes came from the people in the photo above. 

I didn’t think about the church not having a/c and being hot in summer. We toured in April and it was rather cool. I purchased timed tickets directly from the website prior to our trip and we did the audio tour provided at the cathedral. I did mess up and did not purchase the tickets that included going to the very top of the tower via the elevator, and they were sold out the day of our visit, so we just have to return. 

I so agree about the Instagram photo shoots. We saw so many of those and it’s frustrating when you just want a souvenir photo of a spot, but these influencers are spending 20 minutes there trying for the perfect shot!

Amazing you should say that. Ava mentioned George Lucas and the same thing about Star Wars. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

Those are fantastic for a mayo eating girl like me. 

Love those!  I'll be in Barcelona at the end of November--I can hardly wait!  Love the market--for a St Thomas girl with few choices, it is a wonderful dream come true!!  Barcelona is one of my favorites--right up there with Lisbon!

• Like 4

Just now, tsahall01 said:

Love those!  I'll be in Barcelona at the end of November--I can hardly wait!  Love the market--for a St Thomas girl with few choices, it is a wonderful dream come true!!  Barcelona is one of my favorites--right up there with Lisbon!

Mr. Megan does NOT like them. 😆 he said they need salt and less sauce. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7