Pricing PortMiami Parking for 7 Day Carnival Cruise

Hi everyone! I'm a new-ish cruiser (I've been on cruises before, but this is the first one I'm taking as an adult paying my own way), and I'm trying to price out options for parking. I can't seem to make heads or tails of how pricing works at the PortMiami parking garages. If I have one car in one space for eight days/seven nights, is that $22 per day? Does the fraction of $22 apply here? I'm getting the info from this page: http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp which I got to through Carnival's FAQ page. I just want to make sure I understand how much PortMiami is going to charge before I look at other options. Thank you!

Looks like the fraction applies from the info:

Garages B, C, D, F, G, V, J and Surface Lots C, D and E

• Short term, per vehicle, per space, per day (no overnight) or fraction of $10
  • Long term (overnight or greater), per vehicle, per space, per day or fraction of $22

1 minute ago, AwkwardPenguin said:

I think that might be the part that I don't understand. Will that apply to me, and if so, what fraction? Am I overthinking this?

If you're parking overnight, then the $22/day applies. For any fraction of the day that you're parked there, you'll pay $22. 

And yes, you're overthinking this. 😇

Thank you! That "fraction" part really scrambled me, I'm glad it was really just me overthinking! This is very good to know, now I can start looking at cheaper options, because 8 days x $22/day = $176, which is quite a bit!

22 minutes ago, AwkwardPenguin said:

Thank you! That "fraction" part really scrambled me, I'm glad it was really just me overthinking! This is very good to know, now I can start looking at cheaper options, because 8 days x $22/day = $176, which is quite a bit!

Unfortunately that is not quite a bit. Sure you can beat it, but not by all that much. If you are cruising in hurricane season don’t skimp and get a surface lot. 

5 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Unfortunately that is not quite a bit. Sure you can beat it, but not by all that much. If you are cruising in hurricane season don’t skimp and get a surface lot. 

I'm starting to see that. We're sailing August 2025, and the only place I could find that would give me a price that far in advance was only about $80 cheaper for the same amount of time. This being our first cruise, it might be better to keep things as simple as possible, even if it costs a little more.