Melbourne to and from Burnie

We have travelled previously in both directions between Melbourne and Burnie with the trip being a 13 or 14 hour overnight trip.

In February 2025 we are doing Burnie to Melbourne, again 14 hours overnight on the Sun

BUT in December 2025 we are again doing both Melbourne-Burnie and Burnie-Melbourne on the Spirit; the Burnie to Melbourne trip is the usual 14 hours overnight while the Melbourne to Burnie is 37 hours!!

Website

image.png.34eba89219ec876dbcd5e8f72c59f38b.png

Confirmation email

image.png.c9e1296fc5bd17bd346b644bbf23b7b4.png

I suggested to my PCC that he might look into the anomaly!!!   All he did was to confirm the itinerary.

Is anyone able to explain what the Spirit will be doing to take 37 hours for a 13/14 hour trip please?

Okay, going to have fun w the question ... Spirit will sail to sustain, cruise "solo" using just one engine/azipod in eco-mode in recognition of the fragile planet's resources.  Passengers onboard get to experience that passage with a full 36+ hours at sea ... 

How's that for spinning.  

• Haha 1

On second thoughts it is more likely that someone in Miami does not believe that the Spirit was able to carry out all the maneuvers is was reported as doing outside Cape Town in 2020 and wants the ship to replicate them in the Bass Strait.

For those who weren't there for the original these are they

image.png.969d6395ff13e7ce0c3d3053d6b57c48.png

• Haha 4

On 7/31/2024 at 8:45 PM, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

On second thoughts it is more likely that someone in Miami does not believe that the Spirit was able to carry out all the maneuvers is was reported as doing outside Cape Town in 2020 and wants the ship to replicate them in the Bass Strait.

For those who weren't there for the original these are they

image.png.969d6395ff13e7ce0c3d3053d6b57c48.png

Mike,

My wife and I were supposed to be on that cruise, albeit the originally planned route was a bit more direct path around the Cape and then on to Singapore, then Tokyo.  Those cruises, of course, succumbed to COVID, hence sailing in circles while searching for "any port in a storm."  Thanks for the reminder, though.  I recall that you had it tough for a while there in South Africa.

James