Disembarkation in Barbados

Jess_Leigh

My recently booked cruise lists disembarkation in Barbados at 5:00 a.m. Is that normal? It's my first Windstar cruise and I'm used to 7-8 a.m. arrival. I am contemplating a 9:00 a.m. flight out of BGI. Is this doable or not-so-much? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Jess_Leigh said:

My recently booked cruise lists disembarkation in Barbados at 5:00 a.m. Is that normal? It's my first Windstar cruise and I'm used to 7-8 a.m. arrival. I am contemplating a 9:00 a.m. flight out of BGI. Is this doable or not-so-much? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

In my 12 Windstar cruises, I have never disembarked earlier than 8:00 am. Maybe it's a typo. I would call Windstar. If disembarkation actually begins at 8:00, you will need a later flight.

• Like 1

We left out of Barbados last season. I bet they mean they arrive into the port at 5:00 a.m. but they still have to go through all the processes before unloading passengers. I would think maybe 7:00 a.m. would be the earliest you could disembark but I agree, you should just call WS.

• Like 1

Cutting it too close.  Book later flight. If you get to airport early, ask if you can get on early flight.  Last time we were on a WS cruise that disembarked in Barbados, we arrived early. However, luggage wasn’t offloaded right away.  We had a late flight.  We booked a WS tour that dropped us at BGI about 1 pm.  When we arrived at airport, a WS rep had our luggage.  The tour was excellent.  Even though we had stayed in Barbados many times, the tour took us to places that were new to us. The included lunch and plantation tour was amazing. It was better than waiting at the airport.  

• Like 1

Remember you are at the mercy of Immigration and Customs clearance before you can disembark. Even carrying your own luggage won't help. I've departed from Barbados on numerous occasions and would not schedule a departing flight that early. Most Barbados departures are in the afternoon for a reason.

• Like 1

We disembarked in Barbados in March. A 9:00am flight is not realistic. The airport is quite a drive from the port. If you have an early flight, you will need to carry off your own bags and catch a taxi. 
The baggage claim area is a zoo. We took a Windstar transfer and will never do that again.

the bags were sent in a different truck and almost didn’t make it in time for us to check baggage for our flight and we had a 1:00pm flight.

Very stressful way to end a wonderful trip.

Take a later flight!