Last Minute cruising

Macwoman

My hubby and I will be kid free for the first 2 weeks in August. We are hoping to grab a last minute cruise out of New York. Anyone ever do this and how long did you wait. We already have passports, so it is not an issue. Any Feedback???

Thanks,

Macwoman

Well, since the ship might sell out, you probably should go ahead and make your reservations. Start looking around for the best deal - be sure and check with the cruiseline, as well as local TAs or online agencies. Get the "bottom line" amount, and book the cruise.

I wouldn't wait much longer, since you have a specific time frame for the cruise.

There really aren't any 'last minute' cruises anymore, since the ship's manifest must be turned into the Coast Guard 72 hours prior to cruise date. :)

If you don't care where you sail or your cabin or ship ..wait till the final payments are in and see what deals are out there. Book in mid July.

We got a good deal out of Houston this winter by booking 2 weeks prior to sailing.

Thanks for all the info. We will probably wait till June or so and then decide what to do. Being an avid CC fan I will keep an eye out of any specials or sorts that are out there. We are hoping to be able to grab either the Legend or Crown Princess out of New York.

Macwoman

If you want to go a specific time of year from a specific port, especially when it is during summer break time you are better off booking ahead of time. Now, you can get good deals, but it usually involves being flexible on times, ports, and ships. If you really want to risk it, I would also take a look at the RCCL and Celebrity ships that sail out of Bayonne, NJ, not just the ones that sail out of NYC proper. It is highly doubtful that the Crown Princess will have any staterooms available as she is a brand new ship and they tend to sail full.

If you don't care where you sail or your cabin or ship ..wait till the final payments are in and see what deals are out there. Book in mid July.

quote]

I totally agree to wait. Your specific question leaves room for anywhere. Yeah, many cruises might sell out, so you don't go there. My wife and I work on different schedules, so we never can wait til the last minute, but we used to do so. Great deals. One time we waited, and a Hawaiian vacation (on land) went half-price from previous posts. I snatched it up.

Archived