Encore Bedside Electric Outlets

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, estrawn said:

I need power for my CPAP machine on Encore. Is there an outlet next to the bed or will I need to request an extension cord?  Thanks

There is no outlet next to the bed (unless you are in a Haven suite). That is true of most NCL ships. Outlets are on the desktop across the sofa well away from the bed.

You will need to bring your own light weight extension cord (we carry a 12' and a 6' cord which seems to work for most NCL rooms). No surge protects. The ship may not have extension cords for your use. They strongly recommend to bring your own, otherwise you may be CPAP-less for a week.

Woods Light Duty Extension Cord, 15Ft, 16 Gauge, SPT-2, 3 Outlet Cube Tap, Indoor Cord, Brown, 0603

If you fill out a form for the access desk, they will provide distilled water for your use, if you need it. https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising#

Norwegian Encore

image.png.f27aa0a0d545ed2b71d7a24f441fe62d.png

image.png.1fb2d7df39d6e3b275a0ae6699631ee2.png

image.png.a38ecf41f115a2713fe7749c64d30b0a.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no outlet next to the bed (unless you are in a Haven suite). That is true of most NCL ships. Outlets are on the desktop across the sofa well away from the bed.

You will need to bring your own light weight extension cord (we carry a 12' and a 6' cord which seems to work for most NCL rooms). No surge protects. The ship may not have extension cords for your use. They strongly recommend to bring your own, otherwise you may be CPAP-less for a week.

Woods Light Duty Extension Cord, 15Ft, 16 Gauge, SPT-2, 3 Outlet Cube Tap, Indoor Cord, Brown, 0603

If you fill out a form for the access desk, they will provide distilled water for your use, if you need it. https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising#

Norwegian Encore

image.png.f27aa0a0d545ed2b71d7a24f441fe62d.png

image.png.1fb2d7df39d6e3b275a0ae6699631ee2.png

image.png.a38ecf41f115a2713fe7749c64d30b0a.png

Now I know we need a long extension cord for my husband's CPAP Are there USB charging ports bedside or we will need wall plugs for those as well at the desk?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Now I know we need a long extension cord for my husband's CPAP Are there USB charging ports bedside or we will need wall plugs for those as well at the desk?

There may be in the light fixtures, not sure if that started with Encore or Prima.  If you go look at cabin tours on YouTube you may get the answer.  I never rely on anyone supplying me a plug for my devices and bring my own charging brick and cables.

Edited by hallux

Thanks for the kind info.  Prima has 110V outlet next to the bed so I guess that's the first NCL ship to do this.

Also good to know that NCL wants us to bring our own cords.  Royal prefers you to get a cord from them rather than bringing your own.  Just a difference in philosophy 😆

3 minutes ago, estrawn said:

Thanks for the kind info.  Prima has 110V outlet next to the bed so I guess that's the first NCL ship to do this.

Also good to know that NCL wants us to bring our own cords.  Royal prefers you to get a cord from them rather than bringing your own.  Just a difference in philosophy 😆

NCL used to provide me with the cords (going back to 2003), but nowadays so many people have cpap machines, it probably made more sense to have the passenger bring a non-surge one.

I actually had custom 20 foot cables made for our AirSense 10s for travel. 

Another thing I bring is gaffers tape, so I can tape down the cables to avoid any tripping but them get the tape off of everything easily. 

NCL will supply the distilled water if you request it. Tick it off in that Access Desk Form.

5 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

NCL used to provide me with the cords (going back to 2003), but nowadays so many people have cpap machines, it probably made more sense to have the passenger bring a non-surge one.

I actually had custom 20 foot cables made for our AirSense 10s for travel. 

Another thing I bring is gaffers tape, so I can tape down the cables to avoid any tripping but them get the tape off of everything easily. 

NCL will supply the distilled water if you request it. Tick it off in that Access Desk Form.

Fortunately I have a travel CPAP that doesn't use water.  Makes life much easier.  I filled out the form requesting a cord so will be interesting to see their response

• Like 1

In the NCL balcony suite, we've brought our 12' (non-surge) extension cord to plug in the CPAP.  With advance notice via NCL medical form, they will provide distilled water directly to your cabin. 

We've also brought on magnetic hooks to thread the extension cord across the ceiling to keep it from being a tripping hazard.  Works really well 🙂   

• Like 2